Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:question: Just changed MK1 to Mk2 SE-L 2003 20,000 miles. There is this rattle in cold weather ...dash/A pillar in the cold. Is this usual?? Don't remember it on the test drive at Lexus dealership!! Also the front seat creaks most of the time.

Is there a solution? Disappointed of Gloucester

:question: Just changed MK1 to Mk2 SE-L 2003 20,000 miles. There is this rattle in cold weather ...dash/A pillar in the cold. Is this usual?? Don't remember it on the test drive at Lexus dealership!! Also the front seat creaks most of the time.

Is there a solution? Disappointed of Gloucester

know how you feel.our 03 RX sel had the same rattles .near side front pillar sorted after several goes at it,centre dash rattle when cold still on going .and a few creaks in drivers seat.Its made me wounder if Lexus customer care /service is as good as they make out it is .if you get the chance check my forum on my break conditions and transmission problems ??????????

best of luck give the dealer some stick

swager

I have had the same problem with my 2 year old RX - its been back to the dealership a number of times, they always say it is fixed by it never is!

Anyway i have managed to fix it myself - i have wedged some thin card down the side of the dash and its done the trick - i think the noise was the dash rubbing against the side of the car.

Hope this helps

Jon

I have had the same problem with my 2 year old RX - its been back to the dealership a number of times, they always say it is fixed by it never is!

Anyway i have managed to fix it myself - i have wedged some thin card down the side of the dash and its done the trick - i think the noise was the dash rubbing against the side of the car.

Hope this helps

Jon

Thanks Jon,

Have now booked in to let the dealership try!!

After 4 visits and 15 days problem is better but not resolved, they have reached stage where eliminating one rattle starts another!!

Also enjoying the lurching...watching M';ladys husn#bands experience with interest

Graham

Thanks for the comments