Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Or Is300?

Kazi

I uploaded these movies when I had my K&N First installed ...... on the OEM exhaust, so you can hear the sound.

Tyhpoon in Action 1 ...........

Tyhpoon in Action 2 ...........

:driving:

No offence meant by this... but the videos do not do the sound any justice at all :) It sounds better in real life.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the sound is to die for .the 300 aint got a sound like it mate so go sc with the manual box . :D

Wanna bet? A decatted pipe makes the 300 sound like nothing on earth! :blink:

i second that.

so tell me mr damon hill how do you make an auto box faster than manual gearchange cause i a bit stuck on that one. :duh:

im not talking about track times here boys and girls im talking about when we were all at track attack. ie the 3 different cars on the track at the same time being raced.... then its down to how the car is driven....

i have found no difference in the time it takes to change gear with eshift over a standard manual..

and its mr Hill to you cretinelex..

I'd go IS300 too. If you had Altezza as an option i'd go for that but you don't so lets not go there :P

These were the readouts from the Janspeed rolling road,

Marcus - Lexus IS200 (Turbo plus mods)

150 RWBHP

AD77 - Lexus IS200 (Turbo plus mods)

186 RWBHP

JiberJabber - Lexus IS300 (N/A, K&N Typhoon Induction)

153 RWBHP

Scarface - Lexus IS300 (N/A, K&N Typhoon Induction, HKS Hiper)

147 RWBHP

Nick the Greek - Lexus IS200 (TTE Supercharged, Induction, HKS Hiper)

174 RWBHP

Zee007 - Altezza RS200 (Turbo plus mods)

228 RWBHP

Robin H - Altezza RS200 (N/A, Blitz induction, Cat back exhaust)

153 RWBHP

Maybe something to consider.

As Fargo says not much between them on the track.... But didn't Zee whoop ***** at all the track events with both n/a and boost tuning?

:P

you can take my one off there Mr S........as my car was and still is sick :crybaby: ;) But come next month it should be running at 100% thanks to (Dave)@Prolex :winky:

Go with a IS300 i would if i could :winky:

the sound is to die for .the 300 aint got a sound like it mate so go sc with the manual box . :D

Wanna bet? A decatted pipe makes the 300 sound like nothing on earth! :blink:

i second that.

so tell me mr damon hill how do you make an auto box faster than manual gearchange cause i a bit stuck on that one. :duh:

im not talking about track times here boys and girls im talking about when we were all at track attack. ie the 3 different cars on the track at the same time being raced.... then its down to how the car is driven....

i have found no difference in the time it takes to change gear with eshift over a standard manual..

and its mr Hill to you cretinelex..

ok mr hill :winky:

Seems like its a 50 -50 vote so far. I arrange a test drive of the 300 at some point and see what I think to the Auto Box after a good length of time.

Would a super charger increase the likely hood of something going wrong on the car? Mpg I should imagine would be pretty close to.....

Still have no clear idea :duh:

Thanks for the input so far peeps :)

in my opinion its all down to if you like the auto box, i didnt and thats why i never traded to the 300.

regards supercharging the 300, currebtly i onkly know of one IS300 in europe that has been supercharged, the engine had to be rebuilt as the pistons and rings were destroyed, having only been fitted for a few months

the engine had to be replaced

currebtly i onkly know of one IS300 in europe that has been supercharged, the engine had to be rebuilt as the pistons and rings were destroyed, having only been fitted for a few months the engine had to be replaced

Because it was a **** conversion right from the start!

The FI conversion on my car car has been planned for some time now, with the correct parts and engineering experience to produce not only the most powerful, but the most reliable IS300 conversion attempted. In addition to the weatlth of knowledge from the UK members, we have also been offerered help from one of the most technically switched-on members on the US site.

Believe it when you see it. It is going to be awesome.

currebtly i onkly know of one IS300 in europe that has been supercharged, the engine had to be rebuilt as the pistons and rings were destroyed, having only been fitted for a few months the engine had to be replaced

Because it was a $hit conversion right from the start!

a **** power unit so im lead to believe..

i'd say a 300.

i'm amazed by some of the machines I used to look at on my.is/is300.net and they sounded awesome!

If I get a 300 then modding the engine will probably not happen otehr than maybe an induction kit. I need to weigh everything up, running costs, insurance which is more expensive than a 200s/c, servicing etc etc. But on another note if I come to sell the 300 I dont have to worry about taking bits and pieces off.

i'd say a 300.

i'm amazed by some of the machines I used to look at on my.is/is300.net and they sounded awesome!

If I get a 300 then modding the engine will probably not happen otehr than maybe an induction kit. I need to weigh everything up, running costs, insurance which is more expensive than a 200s/c, servicing etc etc. But on another note if I come to sell the 300 I dont have to worry about taking bits and pieces off.

Insurance was cheaper for the IS300 than the s/c IS200 as it is factory spec, not modified (by the addition of the s/c)

The FI conversion on my car car has been planned for some time now, with the correct parts and engineering experience to produce not only the most powerful, but the most reliable IS300 conversion attempted. In addition to the weatlth of knowledge from the UK members, we have also been offerered help from one of the most technically switched-on members on the US site.

most powerful
most reliable IS300 conversion

going off Topic ,,,,,,How can you say this mike when you dont know!!.................. ;) Big words mate, :whistling: Just hope you are right mike :winky: or you end up looking a bit :blush: at the end off the day

Mike, do you know Tommo then, ?

the conversion was actually done very well, regards the power unit, i also hear it had problems, but that wasnt what i was saying, i was saying i only know one IS300 that has been converted.

so no need to knock :)

I'd go IS300 too. If you had Altezza as an option i'd go for that but you don't so lets not go there :P

These were the readouts from the Janspeed rolling road,

Marcus - Lexus IS200 (Turbo plus mods)

150 RWBHP

AD77 - Lexus IS200 (Turbo plus mods)

186 RWBHP

JiberJabber - Lexus IS300 (N/A, K&N Typhoon Induction)

153 RWBHP

Scarface - Lexus IS300 (N/A, K&N Typhoon Induction, HKS Hiper)

147 RWBHP

Nick the Greek - Lexus IS200 (TTE Supercharged, Induction, HKS Hiper)

174 RWBHP

Zee007 - Altezza RS200 (Turbo plus mods)

228 RWBHP

Robin H - Altezza RS200 (N/A, Blitz induction, Cat back exhaust)

153 RWBHP

Maybe something to consider.

As Fargo says not much between them on the track.... But didn't Zee whoop ***** at all the track events with both n/a and boost tuning?

:P

you can take my one off there Mr S........as my car was and still is sick :crybaby: ;) But come next month it should be running at 100% thanks to (Dave)@Prolex :winky:

NP mate. I assumed something might not be right :D

most powerful
most reliable IS300 conversion

going off Topic ,,,,,,How can you say this mike when you dont know!!.................. ;) Big words mate, :whistling: Just hope you are right mike :winky: or you end up looking a bit :blush: at the end off the day

I kind of agree.

But are you not using the same setups that several people in US are doing? unless its a totally different approach?

Kaz i'd go for the IS300 mate. The s/c 200 is great but just wasn't enough. I've been in both Ahmet's and Jason's IS300s and are both lovely cars. I also love the auto box on them aswell as i'm just lazy :D

Oh and the figures posted by Am from the Janspeed day was done on the rolling road so are not quite accurate

I remember the days when I joked about losing weight in the 300 by stripping out the sound insulation. Mr Morse said he liked the sophistication and quiteness of the 300, Oh how times have changed.

To get back on topic I would go for an IS300 over a SC IS200. If you want to tune up go for a Tezza :D

Will book a test drive tomoz. Must admit I liked the drive of the SC430 when I had the opportunity to drive one. Thing is I have a test drive of the new IS250 at some point this month to.

Only thing thats stopping me making the switch quicker or more promptly is ive spent loads on the bodywork of mine! I pressume my other little bits and pieces will fit in the 300, Aux adapter for the stereo, back box etc etc. Know the K&N ive just bought won't mind :crying:

Appreciate all the respsonses.