Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Or Is300?

Kazi

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the same boat.... I saved up the 3K for the s/c, then chopped in the IS200 for a IS300 of the same age and milage. Never looked back :)

Go IS300 - you know you want to :)

You get loads more bits on the IS300 like HID and auto dimming mirrors and VSC etc... well worth it... also you get the lower suspension and trim of the IS200 sport as well :)

I have thought the same but couldnt Justify the trade for an auto box and the money, i would go S/C, its only the auto that wrecks it no offence ment is 300 owners, plus a S/C would have saved me $159 quid on my insurance rather than a modded se.

I would say the IS300 route or if you want same power on a manual box an Altezza RS200 6MT. I do recognise that the 300 is more sophisticated, but the Tezza is way I would go.

Either of the above give more scope for higher power mods later

u need to have a few good drives in an is200 with the SC to make up your mind - a drawback is that the pressure only starts to build at around 3.5K rpm so u still need to keep it high in the rev range to get decent performance- although it is far better than the standard car.

as already said u get the extras with the is300 but then it is an auto

I Have driven both . the 300 didnt impress me at all .slugish auto box.the 200 supercharged is awesome . the sound is to die for .the 300 aint got a sound like it mate so go sc with the manual box . :D

You've not heard the IS300 with an induction kit then I take it ? People get out of your way on the motorway when they hear you come up behind them!

The advantage of the IS300 is that it is a bit more stealthy, whislt trundling around it sounds like normal, then when you boot it it sounds like it should. I like the sound of the s/c, great banshie noise... but having that in your face all day every day is not what I bought a Lex for :)

I wouldn't write off the auto box either, Once you know how to work it... yes, it may be auto, but you still have to know / pre-empt it working and also with the e-shift . Dont forget the auto will learn your "style" of driving also.

I know I wouldnt go back to a manual... must be a sign of getting old :)

YMMV :)

I Have driven both . the 300 didnt impress me at all .slugish auto box.the 200 supercharged is awesome . the sound is to die for .the 300 aint got a sound like it mate so go sc with the manual box . :D

You've not heard the IS300 with an induction kit then I take it ? People get out of your way on the motorway when they hear you come up behind them!

The advantage of the IS300 is that it is a bit more stealthy, whislt trundling around it sounds like normal, then when you boot it it sounds like it should. I like the sound of the s/c, great banshie noise... but having that in your face all day every day is not what I bought a Lex for :)

I wouldn't write off the auto box either, Once you know how to work it... yes, it may be auto, but you still have to know / pre-empt it working and also with the e-shift . Dont forget the auto will learn your "style" of driving also.

I know I wouldnt go back to a manual... must be a sign of getting old :)

YMMV :)

i dissagree but thats your choice mate .you like the 300 i dont .enjoy :winky:

the sound is to die for .the 300 aint got a sound like it mate so go sc with the manual box . :D

Wanna bet? A decatted pipe makes the 300 sound like nothing on earth! :blink:

I've got the 200 im taking a 300 for a drive in a few days. i hope to be joining you big boys sooooooon,

:offtopic: mike no new post on your killer is300 thread hows it going?

the sound is to die for .the 300 aint got a sound like it mate so go sc with the manual box . :D

ha ha you lot are like a pack of lions ,have a drink my boy :D

on the track there is nothing performance wise between the s/c 200, standard 300 and tezza... and that is from experiance.... so sorry, the auto box is no way slow.......if you know how to use it...

so tell me mr damon hill how do you make an auto box faster than manual gearchange cause i a bit stuck on that one. :duh:

ha ha you lot are like a pack of lions ,have a drink my boy :D

on the track there is nothing performance wise between the s/c 200, standard 300 and tezza... and that is from experiance.... so sorry, the auto box is no way slow.......if you know how to use it...

so tell me mr damon hill how do you make an auto box faster than manual gearchange cause i a bit stuck on that one. :duh:

I think Paul is refering to track time rather than traffic light warrior styleeee ;) If you know you car, you can preempt the change requirements so that you are kicking down (or changing down with the e-shift) in advance of when you need the power etc. I honestly dont think that a few minutes drive in the IS300 does it justice tbh, you need to have been with the car a little longer to know how to drive it. Hence why it maight appear slow to some. It realy depends on what you want out of the car at the end of the day :)

I'd go IS300 too. If you had Altezza as an option i'd go for that but you don't so lets not go there :P

These were the readouts from the Janspeed rolling road,

Marcus - Lexus IS200 (Turbo plus mods)

150 RWBHP

AD77 - Lexus IS200 (Turbo plus mods)

186 RWBHP

JiberJabber - Lexus IS300 (N/A, K&N Typhoon Induction)

153 RWBHP

Scarface - Lexus IS300 (N/A, K&N Typhoon Induction, HKS Hiper)

147 RWBHP

Nick the Greek - Lexus IS200 (TTE Supercharged, Induction, HKS Hiper)

174 RWBHP

Zee007 - Altezza RS200 (Turbo plus mods)

228 RWBHP

Robin H - Altezza RS200 (N/A, Blitz induction, Cat back exhaust)

153 RWBHP

Maybe something to consider.

As Fargo says not much between them on the track.... But didn't Zee whoop ***** at all the track events with both n/a and boost tuning?

:P

I'd go IS300 too. If you had Altezza as an option i'd go for that but you don't so lets not go there :P

These were the readouts from the Janspeed rolling road,

Marcus - Lexus IS200 (Turbo plus mods)

150 RWBHP

AD77 - Lexus IS200 (Turbo plus mods)

186 RWBHP

JiberJabber - Lexus IS300 (N/A, K&N Typhoon Induction)

153 RWBHP

Scarface - Lexus IS300 (N/A, K&N Typhoon Induction, HKS Hiper)

147 RWBHP

Nick the Greek - Lexus IS200 (TTE Supercharged, Induction, HKS Hiper)

174 RWBHP

Zee007 - Altezza RS200 (Turbo plus mods)

228 RWBHP

Robin H - Altezza RS200 (N/A, Blitz induction, Cat back exhaust)

153 RWBHP

Maybe something to consider.

As Fargo says not much between them on the track.... But didn't Zee whoop ***** at all the track events with both n/a and boost tuning?

:P

You forgot me:

Mr M - Lexus IS300 (N/A, decatted Prolex manifold & race pipe, Cay back, K&N induction) 195rwhp 195rwtrq

I wouldn't put yours with those as it was different rolling road? So might not be fair.

Your power and torque are somewhat unbelievable to me. Its such a huge gain!!

But i guess we have to believe it till you get the new conversion done :D

hmm seems mr zee`s tezza is the beast .me think i will be looking at the tezza in future .a mate of mine is disabled and needs an auto box in his car. nuf said i`ll get my coat. :D

Yes...Zee's Tezza is certainly a rapid beast but....

He can't take it much further without making some VERY MAJOR modifications