Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dyno Figures For V300 Tt

robjonk

Just before xmas i put my tt on the rollers. Not the most successful time as it didn't like it . It kept cutting out at 120mph and the graph looked like the car was having a heart attack but from what i hear its a common problem with them, somthing to do with the front wheels not turning.

Anyone else had this problem and any ideas as to why.

But here are the figurers.

running 1 bar and cutting out at 120mph we got 327bhp at the wheels and approx 450 at the fly. Only approx as trans loss went off the bottom of paper.

Done this run about 5 times changing things to try and cure the problems but no joy and all roughly same result.

Cant put graphs up as not got a scanner to get them on computor.

Cars now in awaiting new hybrid turbo's, intercooler, injectors, fuel pump,ecu etc to be fitted.

OK devils advocate you have had the 112 mph limiter taken out yes??? You also have had an FCD fitted yes??? I say this as to hit peak power if you are around 1 bar at peak power the boost may go over 1 bar which means you will hit fuel cut. Its also well known on the supra board that at 112mph the speedo reads 120mph and if you havent had it delimited then thats whats happening. The graph will look like its going mental as the fuel gets cut in boths instances (boost fuel cut is heavier than top speed) and then resumes in both instances when either the boost has dropped below 1 bar or speed below 112 mph.

Its also well known on the supra board that at 112mph the speedo reads 120mph and if you havent had it delimited then thats whats happening.

Yup my Tezza is exactly that

1 of the speed signals is taken from the front wheels, so unless the front wheels is turning, the ecu shuts down the car to save damaging the gearbox, as the ecu has no way of determining the speed of the car, the second signal is on the gearbox

Hmm strange one. There is more than 1 feed into the ECU telling it the speed which is why you can't delimit it by just disconnecting the speed input and why if that line does disconnect the ECU still knows how fast the car is going.

How comes the GS has a speed input from the front wheels? The supra can't have as mine easily pushes its power out nice and smooth. 369.2 at the wheels. 327 isn't a bad figure from a 2JZ-GTE with just BPU upgrades. In fact thats more than good with just 1 bar of boost stock intercooler and stock fuel pump. Its the fuel pump limiting the power at the moment I would say. A walbro or something of that ilk is a lot safer than the stock JDM pump. I also have an FSE on mine to keep the fuel delivery safe.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links