Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Loc Meet In Finland ?

Dave-Ellen

Been speaking to Sami (Sp0ck) about this & that and the offer of a weekend in Helsinki to meet up and attend the local cruise arose.........

Looks like the w/end on 2/6/06.

Fly out thursday return sunday with FINNAIR from heathrow :D

Ryanair do it but the airport is 170KM from Helsinki..........

By all accounts Helsinki is a wonderful city and from what Sami says there are some wicked machines on view B)

Myself & kamelia will be popping over anyone else interested put your details below & I''ll send you relevant details :winky:

hmm, id be actually be upto driving, take a week of work and go on a road trip

ive been to Finland before, aslo driving when i was in germany, so pretty much know the best route up :)

Edited by Monster-Mat

ive been to Finland before, aslo driving when i was in germany, so pretty much know the best route up :)

Roll up roll up place yours bets Monsta vs Plane

Roll up roll up place yours bets Monsta vs Plane

London - Helsinki

Im going with the Airbus 320 to win! :lol:

I'm jealous :crybaby::sick:

Helsinki is a smashing city! B)

You can also do a day trip over to Talinn on the fast ferry, another lovely spot ! :hehe:

I found driving in Finland more than a little cionfusing at first though I must admit........ :blush::blush:

turns out that while the map given to us with our hire car was in Finnish alot of the road signs and place names are in Swedish? (or vice versa)........made for some interesting u-turns in the first hour or so trying to find our way to Tampere (sp?)

Chatting to Sami........

looks like thursday/friday looking around helsinki friday pm cruise event...........then 170km drive to Samis country home for all night bbq/etc (no darkness !) saturday recovering...........sunday return late PM

Samis getting hotel prices :D

G'day Chaps!

I've been quite busy lately, so I've not been able to post for awhile, sorry... :blush:

I checked some hotel prices, and they seems to be as follows. During the week (Mon - Fri) the prices are almost twice as much as during weekends (because of the business travellers). But you would have only one expensive night (Thu - Fri), Fri - Sat and Sat - Sun are cheaper. The cheapest I could find was ~120e for Thu, and ~100e for Fri and Sat. Prices are for two persons in one room / night, so divide by 2 to get prices / pers. Prices also get higher closer to the city center.

It might be a good idea to book soonish, cause Helsinki is quite a popular city in the summer, so prices tend to rise closer to the summer, or, there's nothing left to book...

You might also stay at a hotel one night only (Thu - Fri), and after the Cruising event (www.eurocruising.com sorry, only in finnish) we can drive to my summer house, if that's what ppl want to do. It's quite basic, but like a heaven on earth if the weather's fine. If it's not, then there's no point going. I can post pictures (if I can find them :huh: ) if you're interested.

Tell me what you wanted to do here, and I see what I can do, ok? :) Oh, and Welcome!

Ta,

Sami

EDIT: And for those who are planning to drive here, it would be wise to check the ferry schedules and prices soonish too, as it's almost impossible to get on the boat during summer only by yourself, let alone that you would also have to book for your cars! I would recommend that you took a boat from England (Newcastle?) to either Norway or Sweden. Then the drive is bearable, and then you would take another ferry from Stocholm to either Helsinki or Turku (~160km from Helsinki, but cheaper ticket).

Edited by SpOcK