Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phone + Navigation Override Tricks Won't Work

Does anyone know if european models are different from the US ones?

I just tried out the "wire-cutting-trick" to get rid of the phone block while driving but it didn't work.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...ndpost&p=164149

Also the Navigation override doesn't work on my car.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showpost.p...512&postcount=1

Any ideas?

Dan

The only trick that I've managed to get working is the maintenance menu with the reversing camera override. There's nothing in the UK model maintenance window to allow overriding the phone or navigation system... at least not that I've managed to find.

Leland

The only trick that I've managed to get working is the maintenance menu with the reversing camera override. There's nothing in the UK model maintenance window to allow overriding the phone or navigation system... at least not that I've managed to find.

Leland

Never heard about that one, how do you get into the maintenance menu?

Dan

Never heard about that one, how do you get into the maintenance menu?

Dan

There was a thread on here about it a couple months ago...

Hold down the MENU button and switch the side lights on and off about five times.

Leland

If you DO manage to find a hack for this I will be very interested.

I thought the US overide would work but alas no. Believe me, it's not for want of trying - I've searched everywhere... Even Google !!! :lol::lol: but I can't come up with anything for the Mk3 GS European cars.

If you do find anything please let me know and I will do likewise and post it on here.

Regards

The Ed

P.S - Could just have a quiet word with a knowledgeable service guy and accidently drop a £5 into his hand I guess !! (Assuming they know)

If you DO manage to find a hack for this I will be very interested.

I thought the US overide would work but alas no. Believe me, it's not for want of trying - I've searched everywhere... Even Google !!! :lol::lol: but I can't come up with anything for the Mk3 GS European cars.

If you do find anything please let me know and I will do likewise and post it on here.

Regards

The Ed

P.S - Could just have a quiet word with a knowledgeable service guy and accidently drop a £5 into his hand I guess !! (Assuming they know)

I think what we actually need to do is get some kind of petition together and get Lexus GB to override it. It is not illegal in the UK to use these functions whilst driving. Merecedes and BMW dont block anybody from dialling out. Why should Lexus police this?

I think what we actually need to do is get some kind of petition together and get Lexus GB to override it. It is not illegal in the UK to use these functions whilst driving. Merecedes and BMW dont block anybody from dialling out. Why should Lexus police this?

Yup.... It's because they're terrified of lawsuits but..... Garmin which is an american company allow you to input things and have full use of their interface whilst on the move !!

They just come up with a warning screen when you first switch on (which is fair enough) - You aknowledge that if you go head first into a tree at 100mph while playing with your sat nav then it's your fault and away you go.

I don't like being policed or 'nannied'

Comon Lexus..... Over-ride the sat nav and phone blocks whilst moving... PERLEASE !!!!

The Ed

And whilst you are at it what about the infernal beeping if you dont put your seatbelt on after 10 seconds.

Please get rid of that aswell.

Finally it would be great if the doors auto locked after driving for 10 seconds (as per Mercedes).

Take these 2 requests plus the overrides above and you`ll have a perfect car !

Gazman :zee:

And whilst you are at it what about the infernal beeping if you dont put your seatbelt on after 10 seconds.

Finally it would be great if the doors auto locked after driving for 10 seconds (as per Mercedes).

Hi Gazman!

I believe I read a post somewhere about how to switch off the seat belt buzzer, had something to do with pressing the ODO button, turning the key ... don't recall all the steps and of course I don't find the post right now.

But then again, who knows if that one works on the :tsktsk: european models, or has been removed for obscure reasons, as has the autolock feature.

Dan

• Like 1

Hi Gazman!

I believe I read a post somewhere about how to switch off the seat belt buzzer, had something to do with pressing the ODO button, turning the key ... don't recall all the steps and of course I don't find the post right now.

But then again, who knows if that one works on the :tsktsk: european models, or has been removed for obscure reasons, as has the autolock feature.

Dan

Don't bother, nanny stopped that one working too.....

In order to turn off the seatbelt buzzer.

You close the doors.

Press odometer button and turn on the engine.

You have 10 seconds exactly in order to put the drivers seatbelt.

If done correctly you will see a seatbelt buzzer on off message in the central display.

It worked with my RX400h.

The Navigation override do not work in my car.

I want also the automatic door lock which is available for the US model

You close the doors.

If done correctly you will see a seatbelt buzzer on off message in the central display.

I'll give this a try as this drives me mad!!!

Do you have to keep pressing the odometer button while turning the engine on or is it just one press?

Does this also turn off the passenger side as well?

Thanks

You close the doors.

I'll give this a try as this drives me mad!!!

Do you have to keep pressing the odometer button while turning the engine on or is it just one press?

Does this also turn off the passenger side as well?

Thanks

you have to Press continuously from the moment you turn the key to the moment the message comes. Passenger side off as well.

Aficio - Did this work for you as I cant seem to do it. I cant get the on/off message to appear. If you did get the message how do you switch it to OFF ?

No it didn't work, I guess these "little tricks" are not allowed on UK cars :angry:

Aficio - Did this work for you as I cant seem to do it. I cant get the on/off message to appear. If you did get the message how do you switch it to OFF ?

No it didn't work, I guess these "little tricks" are not allowed on UK cars :angry:

They do work. I have done with my 05 RX 300SE.

Try the following:

turn the ODO to full meter reading (not the trip computers.

Turn off the car

Now turn the car onwith the ODO button pressed.

Count to 20.

On the count of 20, fasten the seat belt.

You will get a menu which says b_on

release the ODO button and press it again

The menu will change to b_off

Turn the car off

All done. The seat belt beeping is now off.

Would love to find a trick for this phone thing. Its quite annoying.

Try the following:

Turn off the car

Count to 20.

Turn the car off

Tried many times and NOT worked for me either....... :angry:

• 5 weeks later...

Try the following:

Turn off the car

Count to 20.

Turn the car off

Tried many times and NOT worked for me either....... :angry:

I tried on my RX400h (bought in Luxembourg) the seat belt trick and it worked. But no other trick has worked until now. In some way, I feel ripped off to have spent 4500 euro for a system one can't use while on the move. Should you start a petition, I'm your guy.

Why don't you get the dealer to stop the seatbelt beeper? They did my 400h when i bought it but they may have done that because I told them I would not buy the car unless they stopped the beeping...

I might ask them to do the satnav & phone thing next time I'm in !!

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I've got my 2006 RX 400h last week in Belgium. Just to confirm: none of the tricks work what I found on this nor the US web site in different threads except the Bluetooth connection setting which seams to really improve sound quality of mic and speaker.

Due to my work I drive a lot and I am used to get the navigation system handled by my passanger all the time on the move while I drive and I make phone calls regularly from the car to save time. I hoped when I ordered my car back in December last year that the tricks to override the 'nannying' will solve all my worries. I am quite disappointed to experience now that none of the overriding solutions work here in Europe. As I see in this and other threads I am not alone with this. From all other aspects the car is excellent.

Just like many other RX 400h owners in Europe I will be checking on the new messages here and on other threads regularly until a savior angel comes to us with the European solution. Besides, I support the idea of making a petition to Lexus about overriding the annoyingly disabled Bluetooth phone and nav system while on the move as many people have already suggested this but no action was taken as far as I know.

How do we start on this?

Hi all, I've got my 2006 RX 400h last week in Belgium. Just to confirm: none of the tricks work what I found on this nor the US web site in different threads except the bluetooth connection setting which seams to really improve sound quality of mic and speaker.

Due to my work I drive a lot and I am used to get the navigation system handled by my passanger all the time on the move while I drive and I make phone calls regularly from the car to save time. I hoped when I ordered my car back in December last year that the tricks to override the 'nannying' will solve all my worries. I am quite disappointed to experience now that none of the overriding solutions work here in Europe. As I see in this and other threads I am not alone with this. From all other aspects the car is excellent.

Just like many other RX 400h owners in Europe I will be checking on the new messages here and on other threads regularly until a savior angel comes to us with the European solution. Besides, I support the idea of making a petition to Lexus about overriding the annoyingly disabled bluetooth phone and nav system while on the move as many people have already suggested this but no action was taken as far as I know.

How do we start on this?

yes, lets do it! we all have to accept this first page of text reading that "driving a car is dangerous" and so on. i think this is by far enough for european law.

disabling it in addition to that is realy to much!

williz

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links