Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Connector

Hi all,

firstly let me apologise for posting this in the wrong section, but i thought im more likely to get a response in this section.

http://www.e-bowl.co.uk/products/4760.html

basically im wanting to know will this work with the stock stereo in the IS200?

Am i right in my assumption that it would connect usisng the FM modulator kit that comes with it? is this how the prolex kit works?

then on to my next question, if i buy this i dare not touch anything as im not very good with this kind of stuff, does anyone know or reccomend anyone who can install this near the sheffield area? or anywhere in the region.

thanks in advance.

PS ive decided to turn gold when i get paid on friday! is it worth it?

Prolex input is a cable. You would need the item you showed plus the cable or plus the FM modualtor. I'm not sure from reading it that the FM modulator comes with it. I suspect it's extra. As they transmit these things are illegal in sue.

Mr Law

This car kit will work with any head unit / radio with with an AUX L/R in or antenna in. Connection leads for both are supplied. From memory, the IS200 standard head unit has an antenna in so you could use the fm modulator lead that is supplied. So, in short, this kit will work.

Regards

Customer Service Team

this is an email i got from harmen karden, so im guessing no extras are needed? just want to clarify it before i spend my pennys :duh:

yeh i was thinking of that, but then im looking at another £100 or on top of that, so it then starts to look costly! then i need to find somewhere to fit it. My tax dodging student ways dont allow such a large budget :D

yeh i was thinking of that, but then im looking at another £100 or on top of that, so it then starts to look costly! then i need to find somewhere to fit it. My tax dodging student ways dont allow such a large budget :D

^^lol I hear that, let us know how u get on if u get it. I'm intrested in any cheap options to get my ipod working in there, won't have to rely on the CD player then

• 3 weeks later...

Hows the ipod situation going?

Ive just been bought an iPod for my B'day so was wanting to know the best/cheapest options to connect it to the IS radio

Who on here has an iPod connected in their 200?

Answers on a postcard please.

when i get my lex the 1st mod i want to do is get my 'beloved cant live without' iPod into the car. after a bit of a forum trawl i came across deejaygee posting this thread:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=29550

to me thats stunning, trick and stealth and simple. hat off to the guy :D and definately the way i wanna go.

who needs cup holders anyway....i'm of the old school where you balanced drinks between your thighs..even through roundabouts!

admittably, cup holders wont make you look as though youve wet yourself after a particularly tricky interchange at swindon.....but wheres the sport in that?

:D

Hows the ipod situation going?

Ive just been bought an iPod for my B'day so was wanting to know the best/cheapest options to connect it to the IS radio

Who on here has an iPod connected in their 200?

Answers on a postcard please.

i was suposed to have it fitted last week, but eventhough i had my car booked in (at Halfords free fitting at the mo), they have non in stock and wont for another week.

Im now having second thoughts as im not sure it will work, i have sat nav in my car and im unsure wether it will work or not, should have found out first, lol.