Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Introduce Myself

Ilja

Hello There,

My name is Ilja Reurings, 24 years old and live in Utrecht, The Netherlands.

I'm looking for a good IS200 and I think I found something. I already visited this site many times for buying tips etc.

I would really appreciate your opinion about this IS 200 sport:

- 1999 / black

- 118750 miles

- full option (sat nav, leather etc)

- new stereo (because of the err3)

- new belts / clutch

- new waterpump

- first four year dealer maintained, then by a local garage

- price with trade-in of my current car is € 11.000 euro (about 7.550 GBP)

Thank you very much for the reaction(s).

Kind regards Ilja

Mine is an IS200 Sport, 2000 reg with 75k miles on the clock and I paid €15k on the nose for it which is about GBP£10,270. The euro = excuse to rip you off i.m.o., so €11k for a 99 with high mileage seems to be accurate if not cheap by Irish standards. It's probably a rip-off price for people in the UK though!

Are they miles or kilometres?

Assuming the car is in the Netherlands I would have thought Km's, if so that's is about 74K miles and would be a good buy :D

Oh and sorry welcome to LOC

Edited by MacRS200

Are they miles or kilometres?

Assuming the car is in the Netherlands I would have thought Km's, if so that's is about 74K miles and would be a good buy :D

Oh and sorry welcome to LOC

:unsure: Nop I already changed the km to miles, so 190k km..

But in my opinion it's better to buy a car with a higher mileage with good reparations (especially the stereo)

than a younger car with +/- 74k and those possible things yet to come..

Mine is an IS200 Sport, 2000 reg with 75k miles on the clock and I paid €15k on the nose for it which is about GBP£10,270. The euro = excuse to rip you off i.m.o., so €11k for a 99 with high mileage seems to be accurate if not cheap by Irish standards. It's probably a rip-off price for people in the UK though!

If someone paid over £10k for a 2000 IS200 with 75k now then they would have been ripped off (that is if you only just bought it in the last few months)

You have to pay what the market dictates..............

Pointless comparing cars in different countries IMO

I paid €33K (£22,750) for a 6 month old IS200 with 5,500mls on it......... that was a good price here........... you'd more than likely get a brand new IS200 with Nav, Leather, Sunroof etc (all things I dont have) for less in the UK........

What this man needs to do is compare the car he's looking at to similar ones in his own country!

A base IS220d costs €44K in Ireland.............. how much is it in the Netherlands?

If you look at the dutch market, you'll pay 10k GBP for an IS200 with at least 88k miles.

An IS200 with, let's say, 50k miles cost you 13k GBP.

And thanks for the link to the sister site, but unfortunately germans don't speak english very well.

Besides, the car value is totally different there because you don't pay the BPM in Germany.

And thanks for the link to the sister site, but unfortunately germans don't speak english very well.

Besides, the car value is totally different there because you don't pay the BPM in Germany.

Your welcome!

I know for a fact there are guys on there from Holland! Worth a try? :)

Your welcome!

I know for a fact there are guys on there from Holland! Worth a try? :)

Ja! ;) Welkom hier, of op de Euroloc sites. Als ik mezelf meereken :blush: zijn er tenminste 2 NL-leden met veel kennis over de IS200 - p.k.blaauw en ik.

Overigens, 190000km heeft de mijne ook al gehad, en ik denk dat je daar niet bang voor hoeft te zijn. Wel raad ik je aan te kijken/proef te rijden om te zien of het een auto voor je is. Het is een auto die " gereden" wil worden, d.w.z. veel plezier als je iemand bent die soms in de auto stapt om zonder verdere reden te gaan rijden. Dan waardeer je de robuuste versnellingsbak, de achterwielaandrijving, de messcherpe besturing etc.... Iemand die alleen maar van a naar b wil is misschien beter af met iets anders, praktischers.

Groetjes uit Hilversum,

RX-Men-8

For those who are thinking .............. "wtf!"

Yes! Welcome here, or on the Euroloc sites. If I myself there are count at least 2 NL-members with many knowledge over the IS200 - pen. k. blaauw and I.

Otherwise, 190000km has mine in such a way had, and I think that you that not fearfully for needed to be. Well I guess to look to ride to see you at/proof or am one car for you. It is a car that " ridden" will become, d. w. z. many plezier as you someone are that sometimes in the car walks without further reason to go ride. Then more value you the robust versnellingsbak, the achterwielaandrijving, the messcherpe steering etc... Someone that only of a to b will is perhaps better finished with something else, praktischers.

Greetings from Hilversum

:D

Haha how cool is that, another dutchman. He told me it's a real driver's car, not just one to go from A to B.

Probably an idea to make an forum in the Netherlands :winky:

@RX-Man-8: Dank voor je reactie, stel ik erg op prijs. De reden waarom ik voor deze auto kies is dat ik juist niet alleen van A naar B rijd. M.a.w. een echte autoliefhebber met oog voor stijl. Anders had ik wel een punto sporting genomen ofzo..Ik zal binnenkort een tweede rit maken. Maar ik was benieuwd naar de meningen over de auto die ik op het oog heb. (prijs-km-onderhoud-jaartal-optie verhouding zeg maar)

Regards and thanks for the reactions so far B)

Yes! Welcome here, or on the Euroloc sites. If I myself there are count at least 2 NL-members with many knowledge over the IS200 - pen. k. blaauw and I.

Otherwise, 190000km has mine in such a way had, and I think that you that not fearfully for needed to be. Well I guess to look to ride to see you at/proof or am one car for you. It is a car that " ridden" will become, d. w. z. many plezier as you someone are that sometimes in the car walks without further reason to go ride. Then more value you the robust versnellingsbak, the achterwielaandrijving, the messcherpe steering etc... Someone that only of a to b will is perhaps better finished with something else, praktischers.

Greetings from Hilversum

Thanks Scarface - I've been banging the side of the computer for the last couple of minutes. :lol:

Greetings from Hilversum

Thanks Scarface - I've been banging the side of the computer for the last couple of minutes. :lol:

The marvels of Babel Fish :D

"It is a car that " ridden" will become, d. w. z. many plezier as you someone are that sometimes in the car walks without further reason to go ride." can you translate this for me Mr SF :lol:

Greetings from Hilversum

The marvels of Babel Fish :D

"It is a car that " ridden" will become, d. w. z. many plezier as you someone are that sometimes in the car walks without further reason to go ride." can you translate this for me Mr SF :lol:

Sounds like some sort of Shakespeare stuff to me ?!? :blink:

:D :D :D

I've only just recovered enough from laughing to be able to type something again :lol:

Not Shakespearean, just some poorly worded Dutch :blush:

To give you an indication on prices: I bought my base spec 1999 IS200 (144000km) 3 years ago for 17000 euros, and that was absolutely the best offer available at the time. And of course it was due for a cambelt change at 150000km, which cost another extre 600 euros in the first 2 months. Right now, even the higher mileage ones are hardly found below 12000 euros. So I think it's not such a bad deal... depending on what you're trading it in for.

On the test drive check:

- gearbox noise (hum) in 6th gear at 80-110 kph (you may need to live with that as many pre-2001 models have this, don't mention it as it may be an argument in price negotiation)

- check the cd-changer anyway, it should play recordables well (mine does) and shouldn't jam.

- tyre tread wear on the inside of front wheels.

- wheel corrosion (probably refurbished by now ;) )

- bonnet/wing panel gaps (to see if it's maybe a repaired accident car)

Well, there are probably some other things to look for.... hopefully it is going to work out for you!

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

You have to pay what the market dictates..............

Pointless comparing cars in different countries IMO

I paid €33K (£22,750) for a 6 month old IS200 with 5,500mls on it......... that was a good price here........... you'd more than likely get a brand new IS200 with Nav, Leather, Sunroof etc (all things I dont have) for less in the UK........

What this man needs to do is compare the car he's looking at to similar ones in his own country!

A base IS220d costs €44K in Ireland.............. how much is it in the Netherlands?

Does that mean I would be likley to get more for my car if i sell it to someone in Ireland? It would be worth taking the day off and driving over if there is a significant difference. :winky:

Or are there tax implications? :tsktsk:

Did consider advertising the car in Jersey when it comes to selling it. There are very few on the island even though there is a dealer there. But cant seem to find any idea of prices the IS200 fetches there :question:

Does that mean I would be likley to get more for my car if i sell it to someone in Ireland? It would be worth taking the day off and driving over if there is a significant difference. :winky:

Nice try! There are indeed tax implications. If it were as simple as this, nobody in Ireland would ever buy a car here -- they'd simply get on a ferry to the UK.

Simply put, if I bought your car, I would need to register it in the state. For this, I would have to pay the princely sum of 30% of whatever the government thinks the car is worth. Amazingly, sometimes that's still worth doing, but the UK car would need to be at a "competitive" price for this to work.

Si

Nice try! There are indeed tax implications. If it were as simple as this, nobody in Ireland would ever buy a car here -- they'd simply get on a ferry to the UK.

Simply put, if I bought your car, I would need to register it in the state. For this, I would have to pay the princely sum of 30% of whatever the government thinks the car is worth. Amazingly, sometimes that's still worth doing, but the UK car would need to be at a "competitive" price for this to work.

Si

Yep - all true. This is actually done quite often - especially with performance cars. People buy them across the pond in the UK (or even mainland Europe sometimes) frequently enough.

I know a person that bought a Nissan Skyline from a chap in Chelmsford (I think that's the name of the town). The deal worked out that he paid the chap there and then he paid the further levy on the car when he brought it home and registered it. It's usually a bargaining tool to get the seller down a little on price. Both parties can walk away very happy though.

You can advertise your car on http://www.autotrader.ie/ and make it clear about what deal is offered with regards the 30% tax.

Totally off topic, but sorta related - I just read recently that Ireland is the second most expensive country in the world - second to Japan. Says it all really - we get sooooo screwed over here. .. :tsktsk:

Si

Possibly still worth doing even at 30% knocked off having seen some of the prices on autotrader.ie. How can a 2000 is200S with 132000 miles on still be worth nearly 10K sterling?? :unsure:

In England a car like that would be lucky to fetch 6K at the minute.

You guys in Ireland must be on good wages to be able to pay these prices.

Looks like i'm off over to Ireland for a holiday later this year when the Lexus gets put up for sale. :winky: