Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Still With Tail Slightly Between Legs....

Tony-Bones

Set-up is WIN 98 on BB. (i know this is a Morris Miner with a Turbo)

Recently scanned and cleaned with Norton 05 antivirus/ and no-adware

My site requires that i scan the forums directly via my hit counter... this month heavy hits have come from

www.cavweb.co.uk and

www. vauxhallounersnetwork.co.uk

When i access the link after 5min i receive this alert

'This document contains no data'... and this happens in both forums?

So i tried the same addy on another computer....... same result...

An enquiry from the above forum emailed me and i asked him to send me a direct link...... same result?

The forums must be online.. since the hits on my site validate that... i want to blame my three legged Donkey but the test PC is running XP Pro....

1: any ideas?

2: could anyone here just test the forums....... asking a lot but could you test them through my 'hit counter'

@ My Webpage

Thanks in advance team LOC!

www.cavweb.co.uk and

www. vauxhallounersnetwork.co.uk

2: could anyone here just test the forums....... asking a lot but could you test them through my 'hit counter'

@ My Webpage

I can access both from here via the report from your hit counter.

Can you ping either site? They're both on the same server so could be a local routing problem to you or something on your maching blocking access to the sites.

Works in both Firefox and IE for me too, but if it works in IE for Tony then it's a Firefox problem - first thing to try is clearing the cache out.

Also check if anything could be blocking the page. A firewall? Some sort of net-nanny software?

If it doesn't work in IE either, then it's another problem. Try pinging the site and see what reply you get:

Click Start->Run and type "command" (without the quotes) and hit enter to get a command prompt.

At the command prompt type "ping www.cavweb.co.uk" (without the quotes) and hit enter.

You will get one of 3 replies:

Unknown host - meaning it's a DNS issue (it can't resolve the name to an address).

Request timed out - meaning it's a routing issue (it has resolved the name but it can't find the server).

Reply from 213.171.192.236...blah-de-blah.... - it has found the server (so should work - we'll have to dig deeper!).

Let us know how you get on!

I can access them both fine too.

Looks like a Firefox message - have you tried it in Internet Explorer on the same PC?

Spot..... diddly diddly on!

I tried Explorer and went in no problem........ my next question is 'why'

FireFox is my (thingy) why wont it allow those particular sites :duh:

I tried Explorer and went in no problem........ my next question is 'why'

FireFox is my (thingy) why wont it allow those particular sites :duh:

Firefox is much less forgiving of badly created HTML pages. What version of Firefox are you using? Those links worked fine with version 1.0.7

As Moffet said, try clearing the cache in Firefox, sometimes the cache can get corrupted and give the error you're describing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links