Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Introdution

merlin 99

what I meant by 50hp more was, I was prepared to pay over the odds for a RS when putting it next to the IS because you would need to SC or TC to gain 50 horses and that would cost lots

what about a IS300????

Oh !

i think in general the RS are more expensive than the IS

the standard IS is a little under powered IMO

as noel said !

i have to have a manual for drift :):)

besides don’t really went a 3L lump over the front axles !!

Hope this link maybe of help

RS200 turbo for sale

thanks Robin

that does look like a real nice car not sure i want a turbo and the car is a bit too old for what I want !

but the spec does look real impressive.

I have made contact with Japanese-Direct-Imports and they seem really helpful

a college of mine got his TT supra from there and he seems to have gotten a really good service

so fingers crossed they can find me what I want !!

Your not going to find a newer Altezza unless you wait ages.

The turbo altezza would fufill your needs and then some, i wouldn't look at the age as most of them are <1999

Your not going to find a newer Altezza unless you wait ages.

The turbo altezza would fufill your needs and then some, i wouldn't look at the age as most of them are <1999

well i had this from Japanese-Direct-Imports this morning so it is a posiblity !!

besides I have allowed myself 6-8 months to get one !!

Thanks for your email Yik, we can certainly get you a car, and if you are aware of our reputation you will know that we supply only the very highest quality of car.

However - please be aware that any car built in Japan after 01.01.97 to the present will require more than just a simple MOT and SVA test - it will require an ESVA test and the car must comply with every item listed on the DVLA Model Report sheet - so therefore we must ensure an adequate budget is allowed to ensure that all necessary conversions and compliance work is done.

The RS200 is the 200BHP 4 cylinder model. A report is available for us to borrow in order to get the car through ESVA test and then registered.

Fortunately you want a standard (or close to standard) car and therefore the complaince budget need not be too high thankfully!

I have scoured through Japanese dealer stocks in Japan - but you are going to have a problem getting hold of a 2003 model on your budget.

I have found only 1 RS200 model that may get close to £12k, and if you want a car with the rear spoiler, low front lip and it being an L or Z edition, may I suggest you aim for a low mileage 99/00/01 year car to ensure meeting your budget, as there are several blue or black cars with the styling and low miles you want within your price range.

Ah ok..

Taz had a 2001 Altezza, sold it for £12k iirc..

BTW have you driven an Altezza yet? probably worth trying out if you can

iirc is ierland i assume ?

that means in england it would be aproximatly 30% cheaper is that right ?

i havent driven one yet but i have booked myself for a terst drive on a IS200

think i will have trouble finding a RS200 manual to test !!!

unless your offering Mr Singh :hehe::shifty:

Merlin,

You'd have to take an altezza out for a spin as driving an is200 is no where near to the drive an altezza can give. Unless you take a s/c is200 out for a spin. The altezza is just as quick as it. In relation to not going for a turbo'd altezza. I would go for one as, even though the altezza is quick you still WANT more power and you will still end up spending a fortune on a s/c or turbo onto your newer car.

Thats my idea ayways.

Sean :D

Merlin,

You'd have to take an altezza out for a spin as driving an is200 is no where near to the drive an altezza can give. Unless you take a s/c is200 out for a spin. The altezza is just as quick as it. In relation to not going for a turbo'd altezza. I would go for one as, even though the altezza is quick you still WANT more power and you will still end up spending a fortune on a s/c or turbo onto your newer car.

Thats my idea ayways.

I totally agree but I don’t want to ***** some one off by taking their RS out for a spin when really not considering buying it !!!

don’t mind annoying a garage though !!! :D :D

power wise I think I can cope with the power difference when on a test drive !

just need to make sure I like the ride, seating position, generally the feel of the car !!

I will have to bearing mind the RS suspension is slightly stiffer but is a bench mark to compare to !!

Don’t tempt me with more power !!! I know Im goanna want more power !!!

i know it wont be a quick as my 200 but i think i can live with that (for a while)

But I do intend keeping the car for a round 5 years and will have plenty of time to add bits

But at the moment im trying to avoid the forced induction route .

When i took my first test drive in an RS200 .......i started off dissappointed at how slow the pick-up was, so i said this to the mechanic along for the ride....."you've got to wind it up first" he said.....so we let all traffic pass and with a clear stretch of road ....floored it ....OH MY ***.....got back to the dealers and tried to stop grinning......I had been looking for an IS200 for a long time but after that one drive you won't look at a normal IS ......

Also RS has a slightly lighter engine over the IS so consider this as well for handling....oh and the RS anti roll bars are huge...won't need to change them IMO....

iirc is ierland i assume ?

i havent driven one yet but i have booked myself for a terst drive on a IS200

think i will have trouble finding a RS200 manual to test !!!

unless your offering Mr Singh :hehe::shifty:

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly :D

Where in Suffolk are you?

Merlin,

Thats my idea ayways.

I totally agree but I don’t want to ***** some one off by taking their RS out for a spin when really not considering buying it !!!

don’t mind annoying a garage though !!! :D :D

power wise I think I can cope with the power difference when on a test drive !

just need to make sure I like the ride, seating position, generally the feel of the car !!

I will have to bearing mind the RS suspension is slightly stiffer but is a bench mark to compare to !!

Don’t tempt me with more power !!! I know Im goanna want more power !!!

i know it wont be a quick as my 200 but i think i can live with that (for a while)

But I do intend keeping the car for a round 5 years and will have plenty of time to add bits

But at the moment im trying to avoid the forced induction route .

I think that a few lads on the board wouldnt mind you taking their car out for a spin to see what the ride is like. If you want to you could come over to Limerick Ireland and you can take mine for a spin. Any way of gettign a new altezza owner. I myself would go for the turbo'd altezza.

Sean

When i took my first test drive in an RS200 .......i started off dissappointed at how slow the pick-up was, so i said this to the mechanic along for the ride....."you've got to wind it up first" he said.....so we let all traffic pass and with a clear stretch of road ....floored it ....OH MY ***.....got back to the dealers and tried to stop grinning......I had been looking for an IS200 for a long time but after that one drive you won't look at a normal IS ......

Also RS has a slightly lighter engine over the IS so consider this as well for handling....oh and the RS anti roll bars are huge...won't need to change them IMO....

I thought all the ARB were the same for the IS200, IS300 and Altezza?

If Altezza has beefier ones that would be new one, anyone confirm this?

noel

that’s why I wanted a RS200 I didn’t want a weighty engine over the front axle

will have to remember the aint roll bars being a lot thicker on the RS as this will affect the ride comfort

but also make it better in the twisty !!!

and im sure I will be ok with the power as my busted 200 had 300 horse and was about 100k lighter !

MacRS200

im in Bury St Edmunds around 40mins from Letchworth :D :D

stodwyer

ARRRRRRRH

im so tempted to turbo or super charge it to get the horses !!!

but i really want to tune a N/A car for a while too !!

may be in the future but i will be thinking of the throttle bodies route to gain horses

I thought all the ARB were the same for the IS200, IS300 and Altezza?

If Altezza has beefier ones that would be new one, anyone confirm this?

Standard ARB's are the same on an RS200 and an IS200/AS200. I have a standard set from both sat in my garage, and they are identical.

Standard ARB's are the same on an RS200 and an IS200/AS200. I have a standard set from both sat in my garage, and they are identical

Oopps.....didn't realiise....please forgive Newbie ........

My RS200 ARB's.....are these standard ?

FRONT = 28mm

REAR = 16mm

Impressive if they are Standard !

Will have to wait till the morning and give them a quick wash....

You can't just go by the diameter it also depends on the stiffness of the metal they are made from as well.

i put stiffer adjustable arb,s on my 200sx

they were the same diamiter as the OM ones

but thay were solid and the OM ones was hollow !!

i haven got a clue about the tezza ones !!

Same as the Tezza ones. Standard are hollow - uprated are solid and bloomin heavy.