Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Worst Dealership Possible ?

baby_lexus

Long story, bear with me. I chopped in my IS200 sport back in september for an IS300Sc. The dealer I bought it from gave me a pretty good deal. Anyway a few days later I noticed a weird tendancy for the car to pull to the left harshly from time to time. Also, the engine oil was overfilled, and the tyre pressures would drop by around 4-6 psi all round.

I asked for it to be looked at and they did. 4 weeks later I received the registration document from DVLA. So I rang the previous owner about the car. Well, he was a little cagey but admitted the car had been in an accident. I looked carefully at the car ( platinum ice ) and noticed that the nearside wing gap to the bonnet was larger than the other side... at night part of the offside wing was different in colour, as was the bootlid and one of the doors. Armed with this ( and less than 30 days into it's purchase ) I rejected the car on those grounds. Salesman kept saying it was passed by the RAC etc etc etc. Rubbish.

They then took 2 months to find me another one. I rang every week. The replacement car is slightly newer, so they wanted to charge me more for the change, which I refused. Anyway got the car in december, and over Christmas the car was really hard to start, also noticed that the brakes clicked alot, and that the front nearside strut made a knocking noise on rough ground. I by now..was loosing my confidence with Lexus......

The car was booked into my nearest dealer ( Croydon ) yesterday. Gave me a nice new GS300 ( wow ) for the day, and replaced the front shocks under warrenty. Now, last thursday, friday, and even on monday they rang the supplying dealer to see if they would pay for the Battery and brake shim kit "as a gester of goodwill" All they would say is..."we will get back to you" and they never did. :excl:

I paid for those items. Now 2 cars from them with issues, not not even the courtesy to ring back with an answer. :angry:

Is that poor service, or what ???? :question:

........well I gave it a day or so to see the reaction.......

...the winner is...

....Worcester. :tsktsk:

Still no phone call. And I've had a courtesy call from Customer Services ring me about an hour ago. Asked them to call back later because I couldn't take the call at the time.

I'll explain everything to them.

I'm not suprised at all - had a fair bit of hassle from them when I bought an IS back in 2003 which I found out afterwards didn't have a full Lexus service history. I thought they were trying to improve things when they had a new dealer principal.

Information which I wish I had earlier !

Anyone got Lexus Uk's number ? I had a call from them asking about the "experience" when buying a Lexus, but couldn't talk at the time, so asked them to call back. They never did. I think I need to ring and get my "experience" noted !

Information which I wish I had earlier !

Anyone got Lexus Uk's number ? I had a call from them asking about the "experience" when buying a Lexus, but couldn't talk at the time, so asked them to call back. They never did. I think I need to ring and get my "experience" noted !

You will find Lexus GB number on their website....I rang them on Friday to get the adddress, so that I can send a letter relating my poor initial experiences with Lexus customer service ( as detailed in earlier posts)

3 emails to them have received total ignorance, so snail mail has gone off this morning.

Incidentally, finally drove to my dealer to sort out the poor communications I received, and was told "admin /system /policy problems at the branch had caused my letter to them to remain in someones intray for almost 2 weeks untouched !! " :excl:

Made my feelings known in no uncertain terms, and they had better come up with something to reassure me now !!!

That's no suprise, I wonder if another dealer will try and beat them as The Worst Dealership Possible :)

i have a great contender and will be naming and shaming them very soon :shutit:

i just dont understand why so many companies cant do their jobs properly these days!