Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Points For Altered Number Plates

moriwaki

:tsktsk:

Do it right and maybe Scarface can get rid of his TRACKER EH ?

With ANPR, he will not need it any more ;-)

Have a look at this, if you've got time:

_http://www.acpo.police.uk/asp/policies/Data/anpr_strat_2005-08_march05_12x04x05.doc

(copy & paste link)

I was going to pick out the good bits, but there are too many.

And people, remember, ‘Think crime, think car, think ANPR’

Criminals? well I am somewhere to the right of Hitler here I'm afraid. There is just no real deterrent is there? Anybody got any suggestions as to what to do with them? :unsure::unsure: :tsktsk:

I think we should use a branding iron on criminals. You know what I mean ? Brand them with the crime they committed on their forehead and let Joe Public decide what they want to do when they walk past them, ie. hit them - especially rapists and murderers !!

Extract from document posted by Wireless:

14. Hypothecation of Fixed Penalty Notice Revenue – Project Laser 3

Project Laser 2 proved the concept of hypothecating (netting off) fixed penalty notices from ANPR activity to provide additional income to forces, in order to fund the faster role out of ANPR activities. It also demonstrated that this activity did not lead to reduced arrest rates or detract from the strategic aim of “denying criminal use of the roads”. This is largely because those committing vehicle document offences, the main type of offences dealt with by hypothecation, are most likely to be active criminals as well.

Whilst hypothecation from ANPR activity will never fully fund all of a force’s ANPR activity, it can be useful in assisting developments. From April 2005, this facility is available to all forces. Under the hypothecation scheme, 2% of income will be used to fund national support to ANPR developments, whilst the rest will be retained by forces. As the level of potential income is unlikely to exceed the full costs of ANPR activity, it is unlikely any of the income will be passed on to the Treasury. As such, hypothecation under ANPR will not be used to raise central government income but will all be directly reinvested in fighting crime.

All Forces are urged to take this up, under Project Laser 3. In doing so, forces will be assisted by ongoing national developments and by good practice learnt from Project Laser 2. This should ensure increases in both the level of tickets issued and the income recovered from tickets issued.

As such forces should aim from April 2005 to:

§ Issue at least 310 FPNs per full time equivalent intercept officer per year (the average issued under Laser 2)

§ Recover at least 50% of the face value of tickets (the average under Project Laser 2 was 42%, with best performers reaching 60% and the worst only 20%).

In setting this relatively low target level for income recovery, it is recognised that ANPR is targeted on the most Prolific Offenders. This group involves those most likely to elect a custodial sentence rather than pay a fine.

The treasury has made it clear that unless income levels are higher under Project Laser 3 than under Project Laser 2, the scheme may be terminated in March 2006. It is crucial the service maximises this source of income now or face losing it. Forces which elect not to engage in hypothecating ANPR income risk endangering the future of this facility for the service as a whole.

Have a read of the above, this is about Fixed Penalties under Project Laser 3, the recovery of fines under Project Laser 2 was abysmal. The whole lot may be scrapped in March of this year anyway.

Apart from all that how will an ANPR camera issue a fixed penalty and points to the driver of a car with a plate it can't read. Also how will it send out a helicopter, 2 cars, 6 bikes, 10 horses and wagon train to catch you, it will still be down to plod on the ground to do you for a dodgy plate I think. So stay safe and don't give an excuse to be stopped in the first place.

I think we should use a branding iron on criminals. You know what I mean ? Brand them with the crime they committed on their forehead and let Joe Public decide what they want to do when they walk past them, ie. hit them - especially rapists and murderers !!

Tell that to Hanrattys family and the Guilford 4.

Plenty of innocent people get convicted. And I agree plenty of Guilty people get away.

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Jan 20 2006, 01:25 PM)

Tell that to Hanrattys family and the Guilford 4.

Plenty of innocent people get convicted. And I agree plenty of Guilty people get away.

True - maybe not such a good idea then. :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links