Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice About Tyres

Hello All

I have been aways from this forum for a while, and I washoping some of you could give me some advice.

My IS200 Sport is due for it's MOT this week, and I think the tyres will need changing.

I am not very flush with money at the moment, but don't want to ruin my lovely car with crap tyres.

Can anyone recommend anywhere I can get decent tyres at a resonable price?

I was going to just take it into Lexus Nottingham but I guess main dealers will be expensive.

Also, can anyone give me an idea of what I shoudl be expecting rearding the cost so I don't get ripped off.

(as you can tell, i am not very clued up on cars - just love driving them)

Thanks in advance

Phil

as your a gold member go look in gold, theres 2 companies that offer gold discount on tyres

Thanks for that, but my Gold membership has expired....just noone removed my banner :-)

I have just had a quote from Lexus Nottingham, £125 per tyre.......is that average, it sounds extotionate to me

What kind of price would I get with gold membership? I woudl be happy to re-new my membership, especially if I could save on the tyres

Depends which brand you want mate. Just had mine done today at a place called GT tyres in Thurnscoe South Yorks £85 inc vat per corner, fitted and balanced for Goodyear Eagle GSD3's. :D

Thats miles cheaper than most of the companies are quoting just to send them top you online. Black Circles wanted £117 inc vat and delivery per corner.

Cheapest i found online was tyresonline.co.uk at £84.74 inc vat and delivery.

Still thats a big difference from Black Circles.

Orbital are a waste of time IMHO. Sent them 2 emails and they couldnt be arsed to reply.

Incidentally GT Tyres say they wont be beaten on price. They even get the main dealers taking customers wheels in to have new tyres put on. They are also a recommended fitting company for mytyres.net

Although if customers buy direct from GT tyres they will save about £15 per corner.

Has anyone found better than £85 inc vat per corner fitted and balanced. :question:

• 1 month later...
Depends which brand you want mate. Just had mine done today at a place called GT tyres in Thurnscoe South Yorks £85 inc vat per corner, fitted and balanced for Goodyear Eagle GSD3's. :D

Thats miles cheaper than most of the companies are quoting just to send them top you online. Black Circles wanted £117 inc vat and delivery per corner.

Cheapest i found online was tyresonline.co.uk at £84.74 inc vat and delivery.

Still thats a big difference from Black Circles.

Orbital are a waste of time IMHO. Sent them 2 emails and they couldnt be arsed to reply.

Incidentally GT Tyres say they wont be beaten on price. They even get the main dealers taking customers wheels in to have new tyres put on. They are also a recommended fitting company for mytyres.net

Although if customers buy direct from GT tyres they will save about £15 per corner.

Has anyone found better than £85 inc vat per corner fitted and balanced. :question:

Yep, I got four new Kuhmo Sport KU31 Tyres (215/45/17) from pro tyre in poole for £69 a corner. This was balanced and fitted. Great tyres too, really chuffed.

I work for nottingham alignment services in Colwick, £32+vat,(basic 4 wheel setup) give us a call ask for myself Marc or Jamie. We do any tyre at realy good prices and we dont scratch your wheels.

Our Number is 0115 9599144.

And mention this reply for a discount, cheers Marc.

or e-mail me marc.anthony@ntlworld.com

Any discounts for Lexus or Toyota Owners Clubs? :winky:

I am in North London. I have previously used Northway Tyres for 4 wheel laser tracking. ANyone have a cheaper alternative?

Try here...and ask for Tony...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/anthoney.bones/contact_us.htm

The quality of work is outstanding and at a reasonable price.

edited by Javadude

I am in North London. I have previously used Northway Tyres for 4 wheel laser tracking. ANyone have a cheaper alternative?

TudorDoc

www.alignment-services.co.uk

Ask for marc or jamie. We have got a Hunter alignment system, uses infra red more accurate from £32+vat, and we do tyres any size any make for cars and 4x4

Hello All

I have been aways from this forum for a while, and I washoping some of you could give me some advice.

My IS200 Sport is due for it's MOT this week, and I think the tyres will need changing.

I am not very flush with money at the moment, but don't want to ruin my lovely car with crap tyres.

Can anyone recommend anywhere I can get decent tyres at a resonable price?

I was going to just take it into Lexus Nottingham but I guess main dealers will be expensive.

Also, can anyone give me an idea of what I shoudl be expecting rearding the cost so I don't get ripped off.

(as you can tell, i am not very clued up on cars - just love driving them)

Thanks in advance

Phil

edited by Javadude

TudorDoc

Try here...and ask for Tony...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/anthoney.bones/contact_us.htm

The quality of work is outstanding and at a reasonable price.

Don't be to hard on yourself 'Budget tyres' are Premium brands overseas..... the power of bulk buying represses cost only.... all tyres sold in the UK hold the compliant (e) mark, this reflects the minimum requirement expected..... and all tyre sold have a five year Manufacturers Guarantee.

This is my first 'Multiple' quote post..... if it goes 'Tits-up'...... so will the cat!