Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

When I started up the LS this morning a dash symbol stayed on which I think is the brake symbol

RED circle with dashed part circles on either side of the main circle.

Am i correct - is this the brake warning light?

Also I have check the fluid level and its ok - I had a service a few weeks ago so I dobt its the pads, any other ideas?

Cheers

Rich

Sounds like the right one, the other one that fooled me the other day looked like it but is actually the 'bulb blown' warning light - check your brake lights.

The handbook shows which ones which - if you dont have one I'll scan mine and post it tonight

Otherwise could be one of the indicator wires on the pads come off or broken

Dave

Sounds like the right one, the other one that fooled me the other day looked like it but is actually the 'bulb blown' warning light - check your brake lights.

The handbook shows which ones which - if you dont have one I'll scan mine and post it tonight

Otherwise could be one of the indicator wires on the pads come off or broken

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I went out lunchtime and the warning symbol went off after starting the car - confused!

Unfortunately, the manual did not come with the car so a scan would be of great use, thanks for the offer.

Rich

Thanks Dave,

I went out lunchtime and the warning symbol went off after starting the car - confused!

I think you might find it comes back on as soon as you activate your brakes, I just replaced one of my rear bulbs as I had the dash symbol illuminating too and mine wouldn't light up till I hit the brakes.

Easy and cheap too fix luckily!

Cheers,

Leadfoot