Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Piston

Deano 84

If the caliper is off, try compressed air to blow it out. [if you have access to it]

DON'T HAVE ANY ONE NEAR IT, THEY SOME TIMES COME OUT WITH SOME FORCE!

If no joy go the WD40 route and then replace the seal. :shifty:

I have had this problem before and co-incidently I freed mine up again yesterday.

I used WD40 before and it worked, seals were ok, but 6 months later it was stiff again. The piston comes out, but does not "suck" back when the peddle is released.

This time I have used some spray called dry lube, we use it at work when repairing vacuum pumps etc, its a ptfe spray that drys. Its very good and hopefully will be better than WD40.

we use dry lube on our choppers the only thing is to make sure its clean before you apply it otherwise it creates a fine grinding paste and is really good at it too!!!!

:crybaby: Better re-do it then - cheers - the lads at work never warned me about that.

Evenmore important - make sure you pump the brakes before you set off - I forgot as I washed it straight afterwards, 1/4mile down the road nearly went up a Mercs a**E. Managed to stop in time after some frantic pumping of the peddle and skidding the rear wheels with the handbrake.