Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Problems

Hi, i have some annoying problems with my lexus is200.

Firstly: The brake pedal is really spongy, and soft, nt as firm as other is200's

2) When braking from above 40mph, i get heavy vibrations on the steering wheel.

These problems are really annoying me, :tsktsk: ..

What needs to be done to solve these isssues?? and how much am i looking at???

Thanks any advice is appreaciated..

I have a similar problem that won't go away. Already had new discs/pads all round but problem persists (not only under breaking, but after breaking from high speed there is a juddering there for the remainder of the journey all th time - any journey staying under 40mph and there is no problem at all!).

I'm getting the calipers looked at this week, will let you know what transpires.

It might sounds silly but it did happen to me last year when I changed the tyres. Two screws from the front were losing and stuff up the diff after 3 days of driving. The steering wheel vibrate/rock when driving above 40mph or braking hard above 40mph. At first I thought it was new tyres as I was told that it might rock a bit until the tyres wear in.

It might sounds silly but it did happen to me last year when I changed the tyres. Two screws from the front were losing and stuff up the diff after 3 days of driving. The steering wheel vibrate/rock when driving above 40mph or braking hard above 40mph. At first I thought it was new tyres as I was told that it might rock a bit until the tyres wear in.

Do you mean the actual wheel nuts were loose?

Yes checked that, been told it needs bleeding or summat. what does that involve???

It usually means that there are trapped air pockets in the brake lines. Unfortunatly air won't work it's way to the top because there are high and low points in the system. Air will compress when you brake so this could account for you problem. Not sure what the bleeding process is on the IS.

I had and to some extent still have the same spongy feeling on my 2001 X-reg.

When tried a newer courtesy car it was better. I think the IS must be really tempremental to blead properly or something, cos the dealer bled it a few times, and only on last it got better. Even then it wasn't excellent. Just learned to live with it.

Maybe new pads and discs may help (and new oil!)

Regarding wobble, if its not the discs warped, then it could be wheel bearings?? Just a thought, jack it up and wobble wheel with hand. If it moves then this could be problem. Especially if wobbles when breaking from speed or under corner load??

• 3 weeks later...