Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Come back from the match the other day, and some little ****** had took a key right down the drivers side of my car. The scratch is right down to the metal in most places, so no chance of polishing it out.

Glad I never caught them doing it, or I'd have been up on a murder charge now !

Anyway, has anybody tried any of these 'magic' scratch repairers, or colour magic waxes, or any other suggestions gratefully received.

Come back from the match the other day, and some little ****** had took a key right down the drivers side of my car. The scratch is right down to the metal in most places, so no chance of polishing it out.

Anyway, has anybody tried any of these 'magic' scratch repairers, or colour magic waxes, or any other suggestions gratefully received.

Sorry to say this, but there really isn't going to be any magic scratch repairers for that. It really will need to go to a bodyshop to be sorted.

These chip repairers are really like a glorified crayon - they'll fill in the gap for the time being but will probably come off next time you give the car a wash.

Has it made a kind off inverted ridge in the metal (where they pressed on the keys), or is it more of a scratch ?

Could be worse. :blink: Talked to a dude with an IS in Reading the other day. Said someone had keyed every panel and kicked a door in. Cost to repair £3000 so it was going thru his insurance. :o

Sorry you encountered one of lifes ars*****s but they exist.

I know a good "lexus man" bodyshop near norwich airport who will do a great job on your car, it will be as good as new, details on request. :)

sorry to hear your unfortunate news. these little scrotes are just jealous little scumbags with nothing better to do than this kind of stuff. they know they'll spend most of their later life behind bars anyway. scum - it probably is just as well u didn't catch them otherwise you'd probably be the one getting the jail term than those!

Thing is they WONT spend their life behind bars before they cause more damage and misery. Better to catch them while they are at it then give them something to remember.

I would take them away and torture them.

I know of 2ppl that have done that, just wish i was there to watch. :winky:

Hospitalised the culprits for weeks lol..smashed their fingers, hands, kneecaps and ankles. I have some brutal friends but saying i would do the same.

My last car was scratched duffy so i know how you feel. :tsktsk:

Has it made a kind off inverted ridge in the metal (where they pressed on the keys), or is it more of a scratch ?

Definitely a scratch, paint gone, you can get a fingernail in there, no chance of a T-cut or anything.

Problem is, if I go through insurance, I think there's a £250 excess for malicious damage, and I can't afford that at the moment, or to get it repaired. Plus if i did get it done I would be worried sick of leaving the car anywhere in case some little scrote done it again........................

No easy solution I guess.

This is the problem mate. You will worry now everytime the car is left. I know that when i was in cardiff(high car crime) for a couple of months i had to leave it in the gf's mum's, works secure car park. So basically just to go the gym or anywhere i had to drop it off then walk.

We have cctv in operation at home so its cool. Its like escape from alcatraz when 3 security lights go on lol!

Its not right when you cant have nice things without some jealous ****** doing something

Definitely a scratch, paint gone, you can get a fingernail in there, no chance of a T-cut or anything.

Problem is, if I go through insurance, I think there's a £250 excess for malicious damage, and I can't afford that at the moment, or to get it repaired. Plus if i did get it done I would be worried sick of leaving the car anywhere in case some little scrote done it again........................

No easy solution I guess.

Could be a lot worse then mate. At least it's just the paint, and not the bodywork.

How fine is the scratch ? If it's quite a hairline scratch you may be able to use a cutting polish that reduces the thickness of the line - although, it won't get rid of the scratch !

What colour is the car ? If it's a non-metallic colour you could find that with a steady hand (and confidence) you could touch it in for the time being, saying you can't afford to get it re-sprayed. You will need to do something with it, cuz if the bare metal is showing you want something there to protect it.