Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h Would You Buy Another One?

Hi there, well just over 6 months into my RX400h ownership and I was wondering what other owners thought of their purchase. Would you buy another one?

For me I'm very happy with mine, just a couple of niggles - the seatbelt buzzer drives me mad and not being able to enter destinations in the Sat Nav while moving (I know I'm not on my own on these two points!)

I suppose that's not bad if that's the only thing wrong with it. Would I buy another...? Well only time will tell but at the moment the answer would be yes.

What about everyone else?

Hi there, well just over 6 months into my RX400h ownership and I was wondering what other owners thought of their purchase. Would you buy another one?

For me I'm very happy with mine, just a couple of niggles - the seatbelt buzzer drives me mad and not being able to enter destinations in the Sat Nav while moving (I know I'm not on my own on these two points!)

I suppose that's not bad if that's the only thing wrong with it. Would I buy another...? Well only time will tell but at the moment the answer would be yes.

Could you not just plug in your seat belt to stop the buzzer ???.....ok I'll admitt when only moving car out garage etc it is a pain, but there are soooo many stupid people out there that don't wear seatbelts that I think it is a necessary annoyance.

The anser is without a doubt an over whelming YES.

Had ours for over seven months, done 11,000+ trouble free miles and very pleased.

The car is gliding along quietly in a very refined motion. Good fuel economy (even though better in the Summer). Tremendous power when you need it - tested top speed on German autobahn to 140 MPH before limiter kicked in - and still extremely comfortable to drive at that speed.

Putting the seat belt on before you start (which by the way is required by law) is not a problem to me, and neither is the restricted access to the navigation system when driving.

The RX400h is the best car we have ever owned, and that includes the current Range Rover.

Happy motoring!!!!

I would most certainly buy another one, though I too have a few minor "niggles" with it:

1. Seat belt buzzer -- especially if I happen to be carrying more than 10lbs of books or hardware which I put on the passenger seat... the car thinks that someone is sitting in the seat.

2. Can't dial telephone number while moving (only one-touch dial) -- often have a passenger who can dial.

3. Cannot turn on the REAR fog lights without turning on the FRONT ones. (There are times when I would want only rear without front, and vice versa).

4. Road-spray mucking up the rear-view camera :blink: every half a mile.

Other than that and the earlier Bluetooth problem (which resolved itself suddenly in early December without changing anything) I'm a happy camper.

Leland

2 months, 4000miles, 29MPG and still very happy.... so far ! Cannot fault it - only wish I could get a proper Ipod solution but that is minor.

Seatbelt buzzer does not bother me as I only hear it when a passenger forgets to put on their's.

I have my regular destinations in the 'marked points' and so I can always enter my destination when I need to.

I also have used the one touch option to register my regular numbers so no issues there.

Would you trade yours in for the new LS460?

Jaroph

Seat belt buzzer and shifting into gear before 'Ready' are a perfect match.

The 'ready' thing narked me at first but I have now got into the habit of... get into car, turn key, put on seatbelt and by this time I have done that the ready is, well, ready. Presto

and in answer to the question

YES

The 'ready' thing narked me at first but I have now got into the habit of... get into car, turn key, put on seatbelt and by this time I have done that the ready is, well, ready. Presto

Just curious.. what is your "ready" issue? In mine it goes to ready pretty much immediately after turning the key.

L.

2 months, 4000miles, 29MPG and still very happy.... so far ! Cannot fault it - only wish I could get a proper Ipod solution but that is minor.

Seatbelt buzzer does not bother me as I only hear it when a passenger forgets to put on their's.

I have my regular destinations in the 'marked points' and so I can always enter my destination when I need to.

I also have used the one touch option to register my regular numbers so no issues there.

Would you trade yours in for the new LS460?

Jaroph

Maybe not the LS460 but the LS600h when it arrives!

This car has made it an absolute pleasure to drive again, which in London is no mean feat. It has completely exceeded my expectations and I would happily make the same decision again.

My only niggle is that whenever you open a door any water on the roof sills drips on the car seats which i guess is the price to pay for a smooth door profile, but hey... :)

Help is at hand, well to the seat belt issue anyway.

Check this out:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=19663

br

D

2. Can't dial telephone number while moving (only one-touch dial) -- often have a passenger who can dial.

Hand the phone to the passenger and they can dial the number on the phone itself. Still connects through the handsfree.

Don't know if you were already aware of this.

br

D

Help is at hand, well to the seat belt issue anyway.

Check this out:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=19663

Doesn't work on the '05 RX400h.

Hand the phone to the passenger and they can dial the number on the phone itself. Still connects through the handsfree.

Don't know if you were already aware of this.

Know about that one and have used it on a number of occasions as a fallback...

Just annoying...

How about a SMS text message entry function (while stationary of course) for the next software version? :tomato:

Would have to think twice after hearing the RX300 is now obsolete after 3 years, how long before they change the Rx400? Fantastic cars though.

Doesn't work on the '05 RX400h.

I would ask the dealer . There are a number of items the dealer can set maybe it's just that they changed the way you access this menu in the 400h.

BTW took me a few goes to befor it recognised the order of pressing the buttons.

br

D

Just curious.. what is your "ready" issue? In mine it goes to ready pretty much immediately after turning the key.

L.

Just unreasonable impatience! I used to turn key and put into drive at the same time, guess this is what I used to do in the RX300 without really thinking! Sorted now, more speed less haste!