Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 300 Possible Purchase

Hello guys I am about to buy a second hand RX300(the new shape) of a Lexus dealer ,but I thought I ought to check on the web to see whats what . Basically I wanted a Merc CLK but the dealers have a bad rep for poor service and the CLK isnt very reliable . So I thought a Lexus should do it ,super friendly dealers and a totally reliable car that wont let you down and comes with all the bells and whistles . Now is this a correct assumption and are there any questions I should be asking or things to be looking out for . Thankyou for your assistance .Trevor.

Hello guys I am about to buy a second hand RX300(the new shape) of a Lexus dealer ,but I thought I ought to check on the web to see whats what . Basically I wanted a Merc CLK but the dealers have a bad rep for poor service and the CLK isnt very reliable . So I thought a Lexus should do it ,super friendly dealers and a totally reliable car that wont let you down and comes with all the bells and whistles . Now is this a correct assumption and are there any questions I should be asking or things to be looking out for . Thankyou for your assistance .Trevor.
  • My dealer has provided excellent levels of service over the last 4 years. They even clean the car for free on Saturdays while you have a coffee and a danish !

• I've had 4 Lexus cars from them and they have all been reliable. The Mark 1 RX had some irritating dash-board squeeks, which were eventually sorted out on the 4th attempt under warranty. On each occassion a courtesy car was provided, or the car was picked up and dropped off
  • The wheels on my Mark II RX had to be replaced as they were corroding - apparently some batches were faulty. Lexus appear not to have publicised the fact so I would check that your wheels would be covered or at least the Dealer should confirm that they have been, or will be changed under warranty if there was a need to do so

• Paint protection is a good idea. Paintshield.co.uk have an even better solution than the standard paint protector (VPP in Lex speak I think !)

• No cause to look at other makes so far. The new Merc R-class was tempting until the pictures of the LS460 were released. If only the RX was not such a competent all rounder !!