Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio Reset Code

Actually YES on the OEM system fitted to LS400 Mk.1/2/3 and GS300 Mk.1.

Unfortunately the code is user-selectable. If you don't know the code, contact the previous keeper. It'll be cheaper to get a list of keepers from the DVLA and ring them all to find the code than it would be to replace the radio.

Oh, and DON'T GUESS THE CODE or you'll lock the radio.

Instructions for entering/setting/unsetting the code (you can turn the code off completely) are in the handbook.

True. They need to be able to decode Pioneer radios, that's what the Mk.1 radio was badged as at least!

Thanks for the feedback,I am locked out & I've spoke to lexus, it's $80 & done while you wait . They pull the radio to access a reactivate code in the serial numbers.

Actually YES on the OEM system fitted to LS400 Mk.1/2/3 and GS300 Mk.1.

Unfortunately the code is user-selectable. If you don't know the code, contact the previous keeper. It'll be cheaper to get a list of keepers from the DVLA and ring them all to find the code than it would be to replace the radio.

Oh, and DON'T GUESS THE CODE or you'll lock the radio.

Instructions for entering/setting/unsetting the code (you can turn the code off completely) are in the handbook.

Had to have the code on my radio retrieved after having a headlamp replaced. Never understood why the garage had to disconnect Battery.

Went to Lexus Bromley on a Saturday morning and their service manager did it for nothing. I now have the code turned off as I doubt anyone would want to nick a standard GS head unit of 1995 vintage. (touch wood!!)

I now have the code turned off as I doubt anyone would want to nick a standard GS head unit of 1995 vintage. (touch wood!!)

My exact thoughts too Keith :lol: ... keep mine disabled to avoid "future problems" :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links