Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thinking Of Buying....

spain

was just about to ask that question as i'm going to check out an IS200 tomorrow, thanks for the link.

Do you think 69,000 from a 03 IS200 (regular) is a lot/too much? should i be looking for any faults in paticular.

I'd say its too much yes ...........

and welcome ! :)

actually it was 59,000 on the clock. I was offered a very nice price for it, far below market value, plus the dealer is a main lexus dealer and the car was bought and serviced in that garage which can't be a bad thing. I've dealt with them before so i'll give them the benefit of the doubt and have a look. fingers crossed.

p.s. nice community you have here.

As a new member myself - Welcome!

I have just bought a Lexus IS 200, picked it up on Monday.

Not much I can say regarding things to watch out for. If you're going through a dealer you should give them the exact specs you're looking for e.g. miles, year of manufacture, interior colour, exterior colour, body kits, sat nav etc. They are very good at finding what you're looking for, even if it's not local. My dealer said he was happy to get one down from Aberdeen for me to try and I'm in Surrey!

Good luck!

well the car was tip top, i got to see it before they valleted it too. Took it for an hour drive and tested everything on the list plus all the clutch, gearbox and brake problems that i read about here. This site was great for giving me the confidence to know what to look for, in fact the dealer was taken aback about how much i knew. (he is a mate of mine). A good few stone marks on the bonnet and bumper which he has promised to respray, as they are the main dealers and have a proper spraying shop i'm hoping its going to look like new. The best news is I got it for the price of a 2001 with 40k on the clock. :). I know about the 80k/8year/12month pre-owned dealer warranty which suits me fine as i'm a light driver and hope to upgrade to a 250 in a couple of years.

My Lexus owner experience starts on Friday and hopefully its a long and prosperous one. :winky:

Thanks again for hosting such a brilliant site.

hi guys, sorry for the delay in getting back, and thanks for the inof, very good and covers a lot, will have to look at this as its a private sale. have a TT at the mo so its gonna be a very diff style of car if I go for it!!

Spain at the mo is havin really bad weather, im in the south but its tipping it down with clouds every day, not normal but it´ll soon be boiling again and i can rub it in :D

thanks again

spain