Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Found a suitable LS400 to save me money without trashing my professional credibility. Smoothest drive I ever remember taking. Very brisk if needed but floats on a bed of air (not litteraly..) as far as ride is concerned. Don't think I'd take it on a race track but I have a trip to Wrexham next week that I can' wait to do in the Lex. I'm cured of of sports cars. Give me a luxurious and reliable work horse and I know I am happy.

2062892_103_full.jpg

So what have we got.

Green over Silver ( dated?)

Mint Tan Leather ( Nice...)

78k (Lex service with cambelt at 65k) Secure...

Silky smooth to drive

first owner owned the lexus dealership it came from

Second owner owned local business

It's mine now.

Every time between now and getting it that I have to drive my other car I'll be pining... Hard to believe I'm exctied about trading to a car less than have the cost of my current one. Never been more sure. Only thime is when I bought my first Lexus, which was by chance. I'd gone for an S Type Jag that day...

Looking forward to miles of smiles, relaxed cruising and the odd zip about. Yesterday I almost bought one for a grand. Reckon its better to go for a smart buy than a cheap buy. Didn't take me long to figure that.

If I have to take a client anywhere in my car, I'll never worry that they'll think its an aging toyota. I'll be more worried they think I'm paid too much... I'm not! :offtopic:

So happy day.

And finally a Car that requires NO mods whatsoever!!...

...well maybe clear front indicators...Doh!

Chrome (effect) front grille can be achieved. Looks good, adds to the all-bright front, aesthetically, I think. Gold Badges look OK on Green too.

Now I'll have to sell my car elsewhere!

Enjoy it. How could you not? B)

Chips, I'll be taking it steady for a year or two, Mate! I have no intention of caning it or upgrading any aspect of it. I think it is a great big bus and my biggest mod is one of the mind. To accept that this is IT for the next two years. DOesn't matter if someone gives me a winning lotto ticket. Its the last car I'm gonna buy before I retire from full time employment... Happy days!

Yes, that means if it blows up I will be buying a new engine. not bitter (under warranty!) and carrying on regardless. I'm really looking forward to trouble free driving. Funny thing... Just remember I was about to blow up my last car before I bought my first Lexus. Now I've just blown up a perfectly good car and guess what, back to lexus!

Nice thing about the LS400 is you still don't see many around. Bit like the Honda Legend...

Awww, I'm dead chuffed I got a goodun and not the one grander that I was going to have to do tinker with. my first 4.0 V8!!!

Had a couple of 3.5 V8s and a 4.0 straight 6 so its about time I owned the daddy!

It pulled sooooo smoothly! I'm going to have to watch those rear tyres! Only on 16"s though... not too dear. I'm rambling cos I'm excited!! Yippee!

Nice thing about the LS400 is you still don't see many around. Bit like the Honda Legend...

It pulled sooooo smoothly! I'm going to have to watch those rear tyres! Only on 16"s though... not too dear. I'm rambling cos I'm excited!! Yippee!

Ahhh, down south here in London, I see quite a few LS400s now every day. Still more exclusive than S classes which seem to be everywhere.

You've bought a pillow with wheels. Enjoy wafting around..

Excuse me for asking but did you pay megabucks in the end.

I am considering moving on from my GS sport.

Would I be able to get an LS for £4-4.5k?

Well, I paid a healtly price yes. It was up at £6795 and I paid under £5k so I'm not complaining. Compared to the sub £2k that I thought I might get away with, I've gone way over budget, but what I have ensured (I believe) is that I won't be feeling short changed. I think If I have bought one (that was offered) at a grand I would have been niggling about the momo rims that didn't suit it and "little things" needed to get it an MOT. If I'd have paid £1400 for a nicer looking and mot'd till June 212k miler I might have been a little happier but would have still felt a little sheepish. This on is less than half the price of my current steed but I feel it looks twice the price! No sheepishness required. I would have loved a 97/8 car with the facelift (Mk4) and the sat nav etc... I will buy a sat nav for this one though and be much much more than content. :D

Reckon between now and May a patient buyer could get a Mk4 with 100k (ish) for under £5k.

I still have a bit of "Mr Have-it-now!" in me. And no rude jokes please!

:tomato:

Excuse me for asking but did you pay megabucks in the end.

I am considering moving on from my GS sport.

Would I be able to get an LS for £4-4.5k?

Well, I paid a healtly price yes. It was up at £6795 and I paid under £5k so I'm not complaining. Compared to the sub £2k that I thought I might get away with, I've gone way over budget, but what I have ensured (I believe) is that I won't be feeling short changed. I think If I have bought one (that was offered) at a grand I would have been niggling about the momo rims that didn't suit it and "little things" needed to get it an MOT. If I'd have paid £1400 for a nicer looking and mot'd till June 212k miler I might have been a little happier but would have still felt a little sheepish. This on is less than half the price of my current steed but I feel it looks twice the price! No sheepishness required. I would have loved a 97/8 car with the facelift (Mk4) and the sat nav etc... I will buy a sat nav for this one though and be much much more than content. :D

Reckon between now and May a patient buyer could get a Mk4 with 100k (ish) for under £5k.

I still have a bit of "Mr Have-it-now!" in me. And no rude jokes please!

:tomato:

You're right about the Sat Nav. If you get a portable one you can upgrade it via your computer, to even include Cameras, I think.

The built in one doesn't have this on the Ser 4, so you need a Radar machine too :blush:

Keith! You can have a nice identical, but Graphite car, with only 65K miles from.......me! £5.5 is slightly more, but it has recent £2k spent, so..... :D

I haven't traded my other steed in. I have kept it for now. It will sell privately better than it will at trade in. Its an Audi TT.

my new home....2062892_104_full.jpg and spare room...2062892_105_full.jpg

Thanks, Simon.

Better not tell Lex-oholic. He wants a TT in a year! :tomato:

Chris, When I first gotmy TT 16 months ago I thought it was the biz. Looks and performance were great. interior fit was excellent and pose factor was pretty high without being openly brash (I was going to have a used 911 (964/993 model).

I soon found that I would accept lifts on longer journeys as I didn't like the drive. NEVER felt that with the Lex. For the 6months I had both I would still drive the lex if I was doing more than 60 odd miles but after a while the long journeys fizzled out and It became redundant. Not anymore.

I would'nt have another TT if you paid me. THey are great cars. no question. I just have no interest in the crashy ride, the manual gear box, the lack of cruise control, the buzzy engine, the road/wind noise.

until you've strayed from the brand (Lexus) you might not realise just how well put together they are. And how much that is worth. The deprecation is soooo wrong. but Thank ***** its their because I could not have the car otherwise.

Its a £50k car. to loose 90% of its value in 8 years is criminal. To not buy it when its circa £5k is beyond criminal, its just plain daft.

shaft, I agree whole hartedly with you. I was warned, "once an LS driver, always an LS driver".

I too have a sports car, for sunny days and grand touring, but it is so hard in comparrison and I have to unfold myself out even after only an hour on the road. But I still love it for the raw power and handling.

Hello,

Did anyone else see the BBC Watchdog program this week featuring Audi TT's?

We think we have instrument electrical problems!

Audi have now acknowledged a defect within the TT instrument 'pods', this fault causes inaccurate displays and readings leaving the drivers to run out of fuel, get caught speeding, getting expensive recovery due to erroneous oil warning lights coming on, odometers adding and subtracting many thousands of miles, etc etc.

During their 'investigation' the BBC contacted many Audi dealers until one openly admitted it was a known defect within Audi, the featured cars pod was replaced free of charge and Audi have agree to look favourably at other TT's less than 5 years old with the same disease.

They have now rectified the fault on post summer 2004 cars.

Its a pity Lexus didn't do a similar public relations exercise on LS model dashboards years ago!!!

regards,

Chris Vince

Yea i saw the TT on watchdog,£700 for a new dash...they must be copying Lexus with there dash problems and prices :D

Shaft

The 4 litre straight six you owned? what motor was that Jag or TVR :unsure:

From the pictures looks like you got yourself a Nice Clean Looked after LS400 :winky:

Cheers chips.

Firstly, On watchdog did you here the clips of phone interviews. One was me! Secondly The Blighters at audi have a nerve, why only 5 year old cars or less if all were affected?

Finally in answer to chips question, Neither. It was a Cherokee Jeep 4.0 Limited.

Was hoping to have lex home today. missing some docs. hope they turn up tomorrow.... *hurumph!!*

Thanks Chips, I think I've done okay. Just want to get my mits on it now. waiting for paperwork... Hope tomorrow will be a result. Will be doing some cruising for sure. DOn't care about the thirst! Looking forward to first trip to London in it. GOt some appointments to make in Birmingham that I have been putting off. Got a good reason now!

And the North East!

might even get a little Continental trip out of it!

Thanks Chips, I think I've done okay. Just want to get my mits on it now. waiting for paperwork... Hope tomorrow will be a result. Will be doing some cruising for sure. DOn't care about the thirst! Looking forward to first trip to London in it. GOt some appointments to make in Birmingham that I have been putting off. Got a good reason now!

And the North East!

might even get a little Continental trip out of it!

Hello,

Did anyone else see the BBC Watchdog program this week featuring Audi TT's?

We think we have instrument electrical problems!

Audi have now acknowledged a defect within the TT instrument 'pods', this fault causes inaccurate displays and readings leaving the drivers to run out of fuel, get caught speeding, getting expensive recovery due to erroneous oil warning lights coming on, odometers adding and subtracting many thousands of miles, etc etc.

During their 'investigation' the BBC contacted many Audi dealers until one openly admitted it was a known defect within Audi, the featured cars pod was replaced free of charge and Audi have agree to look favourably at other TT's less than 5 years old with the same disease.

They have now rectified the fault on post summer 2004 cars.

Its a pity Lexus didn't do a similar public relations exercise on LS model dashboards years ago!!!

regards,

Chris Vince

But then we wouldn't have that lovely Chris Vince to fix our cars and feel all warm and wooly..... :)

Firstly, On watchdog did you here the clips of phone interviews. One was me! Secondly The Blighters at audi have a nerve, why only 5 year old cars or less if all were affected?

Finally in answer to chips question, Neither. It was a Cherokee Jeep 4.0 Limited.

Was hoping to have lex home today. missing some docs. hope they turn up tomorrow.... *hurumph!!*

Yeah. I had a Cherokee(LHD) for 7 years. Armchair on wheels!

I found my cherokee to be a little bit too full of vibrations. I did 2000 miles in a ten day period and was going to bed still feeling the vibes from the jouney. bit like having sea legs when you get of the boat. I sold it and the bmw 325i at the time and bought a Volvo T5. Was spectacular at the distance journeys I had to make.

I'm hoping the Lexus will knock everything (even my mk2 GS) into a cocked hat though.

I found my cherokee to be a little bit too full of vibrations. I did 2000 miles in a ten day period and was going to bed still feeling the vibes from the jouney. bit like having sea legs when you get of the boat. I sold it and the bmw 325i at the time and bought a Volvo T5. Was spectacular at the distance journeys I had to make.

I'm hoping the Lexus will knock everything (even my mk2 GS) into a cocked hat though.

...oh, it will! (Beat all the others. I traded MY Cherokee for a BMW 850 which was a BIG error (and costly!)

I liked my Cherokee; went all over Spain and France one year, though spoiled by bu++ered tracking.

But the LS is definitely IT! As yours should prove.