Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Polish/Wax

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm.. i dont get residue.... do you wipe it off when it is dry>. i rub the whole car with it then go round and rub it off when its dry.

i find it cool.. but that is the resin one.. not super shine or what ever it's called

• 3 years later...

The post above are about 3 years ago, so what about the technology today ? Which brand of the polish/wax is best for our IS200, Meguires, Mothers, Autoglym etc ? Can the experts here continue their advise for the technology today ? Anyway, what's Autoglym, haven't heard of it before.

The post above are about 3 years ago, so what about the technology today ? Which brand of the polish/wax is best for our IS200, Meguires, Mothers, Autoglym etc ? Can the experts here continue their advise for the technology today ? Anyway, what's Autoglym, haven't heard of it before.

Autoglym is a resin polish part of a range of products produced by, you guessed it Autoglym.

All their products are excellent and you can source them from most car accessory shops ie Halfords etc. :)

Mike

More or less what is says on the tin.

We use this resin for lots of applications cars, boats, aircraft, space rockets, wind farm blades and recently military radar systems in Cyprus and Turkey.

Basically its a rather special polyplexin polymer with suspended Nanotech particles that are so miniscule they get into almost every open pore of micron of area covered.

IMO Some wax formulations seems to favour one vehicle colour more than thers

Paint Colour Suggested (Wax) Product

Red Pinnacle Souverän or Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax – Blue

Yellow Zaino Z2PRO™ or Rejex and Pinnacle Souverän

Black CC Zaino PC Fusion and P21S / S100 Carnauba Paste Wax

Black SS: Pinnacle Souverän or Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax – Blue

Silver Klasse All-In-One and Menzera FMJ(Full Molecular Jacket)

White Zaino Z2PRO™, Zaino Z2Pro and P21S / S100 Carnauba Paste Wax

Protection From

Winter (Snow/Ice/Salt) Collinite #845 Liquid Insulator Wax, will last approximately 4-6 months

Intense Heat (UV Radiation) Collinite #476s Super Doublecoat Auto Wax will last approximately 5-8 months

[each one / teach one, then student /becomes teacher]

has anyone tried Turtle Wax Platinum series liquid wax and Platinum high gloss finish?

Im a bit surprised no one mentioned them .... turtle wax used to be a pretty big name. Any one can comment on how they do?

I used Turtle Wax about 10 years ago. I bought it because of the TV commercail that shows how briliant it is. But I did not find it as good as it was shown on the TV, it was pretty general Though ;)

Zymol is the best stuff available and is totally natural, carnauba in its natural form is harder than concrete and zymol contains way more than the others so offers more protection. many people find it difficult to use and the instructions a bit baffling but if you get the correct info it is simple and easy.

the whire residue some of you complain of is chalk which is used as a drying agent, but read the bottles and see some of the other ingredients (petroleum dissilate) solvents, harsh chemicals who would want to put these on there car when natural products far superior are available. the products are also not expensive, you just get a lot for your money, please, please please drop me a line if you need any help.

I used the Auto-glym window cleaner for the first time this week and thought it was excellent, wait for it to dry then wipe off, comes off easy too.

I have recently started using Meguires polish for bodywork and very happy with the results, better than auto-glym i think....

has anyone tried Turtle Wax Platinum series liquid wax and Platinum high gloss finish?

Im a bit surprised no one mentioned them .... turtle wax used to be a pretty big name. Any one can comment on how they do?

I have used the Turtle Wax Platinum stuff on the leather seats - does a really good job, pleasantly surprised.

Apart from that, it's Meguiar's all the way for me. :D

no the black is not metalic,just an ars* colour to keep clean/polish,i find blacks the worse colour possible,anyway it was only for 6 months untill the white one turned up:cool:

....and the black IS goes, "Eez it becos I eez black?" lol :crybaby:

Mines Met green, no probs but you can only appreciate a good waxing on a nice bright day. :hehe:

has anyone tried this mcguires stuff,ive seen quite a few adverts around for it...........

Have a Look here Matt!

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=meguiars+stage

This is after I used the Deep crystal 3 stage system. The pics are only of my missus' old motor and were taken after slight rain with a mobile phone but the stuff worked absolutely brilliantly. It is the best I've seen without the help of a buffer or polisher.

This 3 stage system is only to be done every 6 months to a year so I use the Meguiars Gold class polish on a regular basis. It is carnuba based and is much easier to use than the Autoglym stuff as it is a very fine polish and only a very light coat is needed each time!

I would strongly recommend that Autoglym users at least give the Meguiars a go so you can see the difference yourself :o

has anyone tried this mcguires stuff,ive seen quite a few adverts around for it...........

Have a Look here Matt!

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...=meguiars+stage

This is after I used the Deep crystal 3 stage system. The pics are only of my missus' old motor and were taken after slight rain with a mobile phone but the stuff worked absolutely brilliantly. It is the best I've seen without the help of a buffer or polisher.

This 3 stage system is only to be done every 6 months to a year so I use the Meguiars Gold class polish on a regular basis. It is carnuba based and is much easier to use than the Autoglym stuff as it is a very fine polish and only a very light coat is needed each time!

I would strongly recommend that Autoglym users at least give the Meguiars a go so you can see the difference yourself :o

:D

Mat posted that comment in February of 2002!

And this thread was started in November 2001!!!

:D

Edited by Zee007

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links