Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Alloys Refurbished!

puresilk

Hi All

I want to get my Is 200 17" alloys Refurbished!

What I wanna know is that will the main dealer do them and approx how much!

It is a big hassle taking the wheels and tyres off and being without my ride for a few days so will the main dealer give me a coutesy car in the meantime?

I know i can give them a call to find out but thought someone on here has prob had theirs done so wanted some advice before I do call up!

Cheers!

Hi All

I want to get my Is 200 17" Alloys Refurbished!

What I wanna know is that will the main dealer do them and approx how much!

It is a big hassle taking the wheels and tyres off and being without my ride for a few days so will the main dealer give me a coutesy car in the meantime?

I know i can give them a call to find out but thought someone on here has prob had theirs done so wanted some advice before I do call up!

Cheers!

Forget the main dealer dude, they'll only send the rims to a 3rd party, so save yourself a bunch of Dinaro amd have the refurb done yourself

As Mr Morse said, take them to a good alloy wheel retailer and you will find they also arrange refurbs.

If they are good they will often lend you a set of wheels too for nowt whilst yours are being refurbed.

My local place has a spare set of IS wheels that they loan out as they say they do a lot of Lexus IS and GS wheel refubs!!

As Mr Morse said, take them to a good alloy wheel retailer and you will find they also arrange refurbs.

If they are good they will often lend you a set of wheels too for nowt whilst yours are being refurbed.

My local place has a spare set of IS wheels that they loan out as they say they do a lot of Lexus IS and GS wheel refubs!!

Sounds about right!

I need mine doing to, but from I gather getting them diamond cut on the outta edge is expensive. :crybaby:

The dealer told me this too .......... the wheels you get aren't actually your wheels.

They have a rolling set of alloys .......... on the go !

You could try what I done - ring your Lexus dealership and tell the receptionist you have already had your wheels refurbished by them, but was wondering if you could have the phone number of the company who do the refurbishments as you just have a couple of quick questions about cleaning and maintaining them to keep them in the best condition possible.

If you get a receptionist like I did at Lexus Bristol - she'll be dense enough to give you the phone number.

I rang the company who done the refurbishments for Lexus, and he quoted me £40 per wheel (when I had rang Lexus a couple of weeks earlier they quoted me £60 per wheel). They even come to my workplace and collected the car, took it away and refurbished the wheels, and then returned the car in the afternoon.

:D

well - i manged to curb all 3 of my alloys on the 250 in the past 4 months. the way the new alloys are set menas you cannot touch the curb at any point....even gently.

The safest way i found to go on a pavement is directly infront, unlike the old IS , the IS250's alloy will curb more! you'v ebeen warned! *grin*

well - i manged to curb all 3 of my alloys on the 250 in the past 4 months. the way the new alloys are set menas you cannot touch the curb at any point....even gently.

The safest way i found to go on a pavement is directly infront, unlike the old IS , the IS250's alloy will curb more! you'v ebeen warned! *grin*

OMG !! :blink: Why do you wanna go up on a pavement ? And couldn't you use your side mirrors to see how far out from a kerb you are ?

On the old IS, kerbing all depends on the make/model of tyres you buy. Some have a raised bead round the outside that does a reasonable job of protecting the alloys. The trick is to discover this before you buy the tyres!

Hopefully the same will apply to the new IS, but I'm dissapointed to hear the factory fitted ones don't seem to have this feature. The old IS was the same (back in 1999) :duh

IanB :D

You could try what I done - ring your Lexus dealership and tell the receptionist you have already had your wheels refurbished by them, but was wondering if you could have the phone number of the company who do the refurbishments as you just have a couple of quick questions about cleaning and maintaining them to keep them in the best condition possible.

If you get a receptionist like I did at Lexus Bristol - she'll be dense enough to give you the phone number.

I rang the company who done the refurbishments for Lexus, and he quoted me £40 per wheel (when I had rang Lexus a couple of weeks earlier they quoted me £60 per wheel). They even come to my workplace and collected the car, took it away and refurbished the wheels, and then returned the car in the afternoon.

Let me have that name/number!! I need my wheels done soon on my Ser 4!

Let me have that name/number!! I need my wheels done soon on my Ser 4!

They are called D.M.D. Wheel Refurbishments. I don't have the blokes name (my wheels were refurbed about March last year), but the mobile number is 07818 228519

They do the refurbishments for Lexus, Audi, and a couple of other main dealers as well.

Plus, they give you a years warranty with the job. :winky:

They are called D.M.D. Wheel Refurbishments. I don't have the blokes name (my wheels were refurbed about March last year), but the mobile number is 07818 228519

They do the refurbishments for Lexus, Audi, and a couple of other main dealers as well.

Plus, they give you a years warranty with the job. :winky:

I've just had someone hit my RX in Weston Super Mare but amazingly she only hit the rear wheel. It's badly scraped but probably can be repaired. She was very upset about driving into me and I was wondering whether to offer for her to pay for a refurb rather than insist on a brand new wheel. What sort of job did DMD do for you. Was it as good as new or is that asking too much ?

Say Lexuholid. Do DMD do a mobile refurbishment service or are they based wihtin hailing distance from London. I was looking at wickedwheels.co.uk but they charge more than lexus prices for around £65 + vat per wheel....

I don't think they do a mobile refurbishment as they are quite a small place (as far I have seen) in Bristol.

I suppose your best bet is to give 'em a ring Koshime. They could be a bigger business than I'm aware off. :winky:

Either that or try what I done and ring your local Lexus garage and see if you get a dizzy blonde reception who'll give you the number of the company who does the wheel refurbishments.

• 4 months later...

I spoke to DMD today about a refurb on my GS300 wheels.

I was impressed with what they told me.

I rang the number and got no reply - so left my name and number - 'David' rang me back within 15 minutes.

He quoted me £40 per wheel (including doing the Lexus branded centre caps) - same day turnaround and a 3 Year warranty with the work. He even offered to drop me into Bristol city centre and pick me up again when the wheels were done (they are on the outskirts of North Bristol about 15 minute drive from the centre and 5 minutes of the motorway.)

He also said he can arrange for a courier collection delivery service for most places if anyone can't get to Bristol.

I will be arranging for my wheels to be done in the next couple of weeks and will report back when the job is completed - including before and after pics if I can post them.

Since you are in reading look in the phone book and contact the guys at Micheldever station just off the a303 the other side of basingstoke. i hear that they do a good job, my mate just had his seat wheels done there

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...