Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250 Review Wheels Magazine

Yet another new Aussie B) on board, looking forward to being part of the forum.

Looking at getting a IS250 prestige very soon - and thought that this was the best place

to learn more about this brilliant new model. Don't take my word for it. Check out

the January article that reviews the IS250 in Australia's 'Wheels Magazine".

The article titled "If at first you dont Exceed" is a good read and is quite complimentary I thought.

http://wheels.carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Desk...&Alias=wheelsau

Sadly the IS250 did not win the recently announced Wheels 2005 car of the year award. The Mazda MX5 took the honour, but the IS250 came close being in the top 4 finalists :) out of the 21 models in the field.

The BMW 3 series didn't make the final 4, nor did the Lexus GS, however the article did mention that

"In Australia the 3 series dominance in its class has been unquestioned...until the recent emergence of one car - the Lexus IS250".

Quite a compliment for such a new entrant dont you think.

Cheers

Yes, a very rewarding read. Although the article does not talk about the keyless entry feature of the Lexus which I like very much (which the BMW 3 series does not have)

I am after a Prestige model too, but it looks like delivery is likely to be the end of March if I buy now.

Happy Australia Day to every Aussie here,

Now back to work on Monday (for those lucky enough to take Friday off...like me!)

Cheers

Yes, a very rewarding read. Although the article does not talk about the keyless entry feature of the Lexus which I like very much (which the BMW 3 series does not have)

I am after a Prestige model too, but it looks like delivery is likely to be the end of March if I buy now.

Now back to work on Monday (for those lucky enough to take Friday off...like me!)

Cheers

Perhaps the demand for the IS250 took Lexus Australia by surprise? I remember only last year that a similar waiting period took place for those wanting to get the Mazda 3. Mazda were quite taken back by the demand so much so that in some models/colour options you had to wait between 8 - 10 weeks for delivery.

The Mazda 3 has gained a solid reputation for it's style, equipment and value - hence its demand exceeding supply causing Mazda to increase its capacity.

Could the same be said for the IS250 model - were Lexus targets, and therefore its capacity to build, below initial expectations :o - causing a ramp up of production to meet demand?????

In Oz do you have to wait 2 - 3 months for delivery of a BMW 3 series? Or is it just unique to the IS250?

Cheers

it is brand new car, so usually stock does not exist, only first wave of cars delivered to the dealers. It usually goes like that until first few months are gone, and car manufacturer can build some stock. Otherwise, you have to buy what they have on the lots...

All Lexus distributors have to decide about their sales volume and submit those to the factories for the production runs. If they dont gauge the demand properly, they wont be able to get more cars allocated for 3 months at least. Usually first allocations are anticipating high initial demand. For instance, new Rav4 is being introduced right now and we are going to have 400 units on stock, despite the fact that we usually sell about 50 per month. Thats the initial allocation. However, if customers wants some specific option (keep in mind there are different colors, engines, packages, options, etc) they would have to wait for next boat! Same goes for Lexus.

Cheers

Yet another new Aussie B) on board, looking forward to being part of the forum.

Looking at getting a IS250 prestige very soon - and thought that this was the best place

to learn more about this brilliant new model. Don't take my word for it. Check out

the January article that reviews the IS250 in Australia's 'Wheels Magazine".

The article titled "If at first you dont Exceed" is a good read and is quite complimentary I thought.

http://wheels.carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/Desk...&Alias=wheelsau

Sadly the IS250 did not win the recently announced Wheels 2005 car of the year award. The Mazda MX5 took the honour, but the IS250 came close being in the top 4 finalists :) out of the 21 models in the field.

The BMW 3 series didn't make the final 4, nor did the Lexus GS, however the article did mention that

"In Australia the 3 series dominance in its class has been unquestioned...until the recent emergence of one car - the Lexus IS250".

Quite a compliment for such a new entrant dont you think.

Cheers

Does anyone have an insight into the 'L-Finesse' styling concept that we see on both the GS and IS models :question: