Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Going For Gold...

GALLA_4

With the imminent arrival of a new stainless steel engine cover and other bits and bobs from CMD Custom, I have decided to bring the engine bay to a whole new level of bling. The car has already won a few "Best Jap Car" categories in competitions over here and this year I'm going more aggresively at winning more!

My new color scheme is based largely of stainless steel and gold. I feel the gold colour and stainless steel are more classy and expensive looking. It catches the eye more and fits in well with the Lexus branding. (If you dont believe me look at your keys lol)

Theres alot more to be done, and I will add to this post with pics as things develop. I would have got more done today only I ran out of gold leaf :P

Enjoy the eye candy below :D

P1260006.jpg

P1260004.jpg

P1260005.jpg

P1260010.jpg

P1260009.jpg

P1260001.jpg

Looks excellent Owen....however, one minor suggestion, if I may :D ....is it possible to change your induction kit pipe to red silicon? If so I think all Red, Silver and Gold will look the nuts...the blue does look a tad out of place....IMHO of course! :D

Otherwise, very class!! :excl:

Looks excellent Owen....however, one minor suggestion, if I may :D ....is it possible to change your induction kit pipe to red silicon? If so I think all Red, Silver and Gold will look the nuts...the blue does look a tad out of place....IMHO of course! :D

The induction pipe may well be going Gold!!! :winky:

Looks great. I once saw a Pick-up done all in Bronze (plate) which looked great. Does Gold leaf resist the heat thoough?

Wouldn't think gold leaf comes into it. Plastic parts look like gold paint. Metal parts can be electroplated, same as the gold badges you can get.

See here for a demo of how the plating's done. The plating kit'll set you back £1500 and lets you plate car emblems, bath taps, golf clubs, Nokia 8800s, intercoolers, superchargers... ;-)

:

The gold leaf comment was a joke!!!

If that was real Gold leaf I wouldn't be sitting here typing this!! I'd be out in the Ferrari F430.

:tomato::tomato::tomato: Doh!!

(Though....why would you want a Ferrari? With a Gold bonnet car? And you can't get shopping in a Ferrari....let alone afford the servicing (and breakdown costs) :shifty:

Mate people who buy Ferraris are not worried about getting shopping into them! Chances are they have people to do the shoppijg for them :D Also if they can afford to buy a Ferrai in the first place, they sure as hell can afford to service it!

Induction pipe colour has been changed from blue to black, to tie in with the stainless steel and gold colour scheme.

@Fever. Sorry to disappoint ya but I opted for the black over the red lol :lol:

P1310008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see my old engine cover has gone to a good home owen!!

Although im quite sure you are going to fall in love with my new one!! although im not unveiling that untill the Extreme wheels show next weekend!! Lets just say its even more shiny and even more detailed!!