Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

Day off work today so decided to reset the airbag light which was on when I bought the car ( probably after the speedo/delimiter work)

Found out how to reset it and made the switching unit,this consisted of an electric window switch from a r*v*r car and threepieces of wire with pin inserts.

Crapping myself I followed the instructions and low and behold it worked!!! no more airbag light constantly glowing red at me and spoiling the dash display.

If anyone has the same problem and would like to borrow the kit ( for the price of a stamp both ways) to reset it please contact me.

Just got to reset the passenger ejector seat now (well she was late for work!!!!!)

:unsure: Could that light actually mean that your airbag is faulty though?

Hi,

Yes it could but through what I've read in this case i.e. airbag light stops on after dash removal if ignition is turned on with it removed and going by the fact it was removed to convert speedo it throws up a code 41 I think which can be reset with this method.

I would think if there were an actual fault on the airbag system the fault would be detected again and the light would come back on ( which then becomes a dealer diagnosis I would say) , been out twice in it since the reset and no light so fingers crossed

Cars self test every time you switch the ignition on. If it finds a fault on the airbag line ie airbag missing when steering wheel has been removed or the display light unit has been removed it hard latches the light on. You are meant to need to go to a proper garage to reset it but if you know the way to reset it ECU diagnostic port ab tc to earth alternating on the supra you can reset it yourself. At least £30 saved.

Cars self test every time you switch the ignition on. If it finds a fault on the airbag line ie airbag missing when steering wheel has been removed or the display light unit has been removed it hard latches the light on. You are meant to need to go to a proper garage to reset it but if you know the way to reset it ECU diagnostic port ab tc to earth alternating on the supra you can reset it yourself. At least £30 saved.

Hi,

That's what I did with the switch and all seems fine.

I found the info at www.lextreme.com/airbaglight.html

£30.00 at the dealers is now in my fuel tank!

Pity the passenger ejector seat sets itself off without warning now though!

• 4 years later...

Hi,

Day off work today so decided to reset the airbag light which was on when I bought the car ( probably after the speedo/delimiter work)

Found out how to reset it and made the switching unit,this consisted of an electric window switch from a r*v*r car and threepieces of wire with pin inserts.

Crapping myself I followed the instructions and low and behold it worked!!! no more airbag light constantly glowing red at me and spoiling the dash display.

If anyone has the same problem and would like to borrow the kit ( for the price of a stamp both ways) to reset it please contact me.

Just got to reset the passenger ejector seat now (well she was late for work!!!!!)

Hi, I've quit a few switches I could use. Can you send me the info & method to build and operate my own? Send as a pdf or ordinary attachment to my email address dm.taurus@yahoo.co.uk Many thanks for the idea, it's better than tapping wires to earth as mentioned somewhere else. Best regards, Dave.H. (LS400 Mk1 & Mk3).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links