Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Increasing The Superchargers Boost

This is my project for late this year, early next year. I now have my hks camp (albeit not fitted yet) to monitor my engine :D And the de-catted manifold will be fitted in the coming weeks.

So.....

fuel system. options/prices? How much are we looking at to upgrade it?

engine management. options/prices?

the pulley, will that hve to be custom-made?

When did they do this Rob? Would the 140mm pulley increase the boost then?..If so I thought TTE always said that doing this was a no no! :unsure:

larger pulley will increase the speed of the s/charger pulley, thus creating higher boost

the european kits use a smaller pulley which decreases boost

the increase in boost needs an increase in fuel, as the IS200 is on its limit with the standard boost, any more creates fuelling problems

and to increase fuelling isnt a straight forward job :unsure: hence why TTE were reluctant to do further development

Yeah, can appreciate that barrie....so standard pulley is 130mm....and TTE tested a 140mm pulley (slight increase). Any idea what that would change the boost to?

Also with some expert mapping, I reckon you could get away with handling the 140mm pulley on the standard fuelling system! 140mm can't be a massive boost increase, from the current 0.3bar...surely?

Yeah, can appreciate that barrie....so standard pulley is 130mm....and TTE tested a 140mm pulley (slight increase). Any idea what that would change the boost to?

Also with some expert mapping, I reckon you could get away with handling the 140mm pulley on the standard fuelling system! 140mm can't be a massive boost increase, from the current 0.3bar...surely?

but boosting above 0.3 bar and you risk running lean

the 140mm didnt provide a great amount of extra power approx 15hp i seem to remember.

the euro kits have the same pulley size as the kits we have in the UK, only the swiss kits (rebadged to bemani) use a smaller pulley, but there is an option to go to the standard size

There is a limit (why I went Turbo) as the s/c spins faster it gets hotter the air gets (denser) so you loose power....

Mark @ Tdi calculated that you would get more power @ .8 bar than 1 bar due to this issue (for .8 bar you need uprated internals BTW :sick: )

There is a limit (why I went Turbo) as the s/c spins faster it gets hotter the air gets (denser) so you loose power....

Mark @ Tdi calculated that you would get more power @ .8 bar than 1 bar due to this issue (for .8 bar you need uprated internals BTW :sick: )

uprated internals, maybe that will be the year after, if at all, lol!

0.8 bar must be giving about 300bhp then?

I was going to get the internals uprated, but it is cheaper to just keep blowing the engine, as you can get is200 engine's for F*** all, and you get the spare parts with the new engine :D :lol::lol:

I was going to get the internals uprated, but it is cheaper to just keep blowing the engine, as you can get is200 engine's for F*** all, and you get the spare parts with the new engine :D :lol::lol:

:D :D :D :D

270/280

As for the heat issues, a thought just popped into my head.

My mate is running a baby eaton m45 supercharger, upgraded pully wheel for more boost, but no intercooler. He's using a water-spray injection system thing, to bring the temps down.

Worth thinking about?