Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi I Am New!

Hornet

Hi everyone,i am seriously considering buying a is200 to replace my e39 5 series that i have at the moment.

I have had a few BM's in the past and i am looking for a change.The 'is' has always been a favourite of mine and have always dismissed it due to sticking with the same brand!

I have read the buying guides on this forum but would like some pointers from REAL owners and there experiences,advice on what to buy and what too look out for over and above the knowledge guide on this site.

I have around £7-8k to spend and would prefer an automatic.

I have seen a few cars around 1999-2001 that fall into this bracket but there seems to be alot of different spec's to consider.

What is the performance like in the 2.0 is it the same engine as fitted to the toyota's, we had a 52 plate rav 4 with a 2.0 engine so i guess its the same?

Thanks in advance for all you help.

I look forward to becoming an active member of your forum.

Sorry for all the questions but you have to start somewhere!

Hi everyone,i am seriously considering buying a is200 to replace my e39 5 series that i have at the moment.

I have had a few BM's in the past and i am looking for a change.The 'is' has always been a favourite of mine and have always dismissed it due to sticking with the same brand!

I have read the buying guides on this forum but would like some pointers from REAL owners and there experiences,advice on what to buy and what too look out for over and above the knowledge guide on this site.

I have around £7-8k to spend and would prefer an automatic.

I have seen a few cars around 1999-2001 that fall into this bracket but there seems to be alot of different spec's to consider.

What is the performance like in the 2.0 is it the same engine as fitted to the toyota's, we had a 52 plate rav 4 with a 2.0 engine so i guess its the same?

Thanks in advance for all you help.

I look forward to becoming an active member of your forum.

Sorry for all the questions but you have to start somewhere!

The rav4 came with a 4 cy engine IS has a 6cy

hi hornet, good luck looking for your lex is.as marx said the is has a 6cyl engine not 4 like the rav.if you want an auto it has to be an is200se as the sport only came in a manual gearbox.if you want more power you could try an is300. :D

Hi and welcome to LOC :D

Just like you I had always fancied a Lexus but always stuck with what I knew. My only regret in buying a Lexus is I wish I had bought one earlier because from the very beginning from the show room to after care service it's been nothing but first class, As for reliability they run forever.

Now 200bhp sounds like the car for me!! :D

Is it more difficult to get insurance on a import though? and the buying process slightly riskier?

How do i find out more about the import cars spec's and where to buy?

Thanks for all the welcome's!

Now 200bhp sounds like the car for me!! :D

Is it more difficult to get insurance on a import though? and the buying process slightly riskier?

How do i find out more about the import cars spec's and where to buy?

Thanks for all the welcome's!

don't 4get to check out the is300, 3 ltr 6 cyl engine and 200 plus bhp.