Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noobie Tinting Rear Lights

Hi all,

I have recently purchaced IS200 after miserably trying performance 4 wheel drive turbo's blah blah etc (didn't work bought another Yamaha R1). My question is there any info or walk through about tinting the "chrome" in the rear lights as I don't think they look as good on a black car as a silver one. I am pretty sure this topic will have been covered before by you guys.

I tried without success using search function. It's just I don't like the lexus lights now EVERY car ever produced has some kind of bad lexus copy attached at the rear.

I have already started modding with a sport mesh grill plus the suspension & widow tints are but a couple of weeks away.

Thanks in anticipation of help - nice site by the way been reading for a while plucking up courage for a 1st post!

best regards................. Mark

Hi all,

I have recently purchaced IS200 after miserably trying performance 4 wheel drive turbo's blah blah etc (didn't work bought another Yamaha R1). My question is there any info or walk through about tinting the "chrome" in the rear lights as I don't think they look as good on a black car as a silver one. I am pretty sure this topic will have been covered before by you guys.

I tried without success using search function. It's just I don't like the lexus lights now EVERY car ever produced has some kind of bad lexus copy attached at the rear.

I have already started modding with a sport mesh grill plus the suspension & widow tints are but a couple of weeks away.

Thanks in anticipation of help - nice site by the way been reading for a while plucking up courage for a 1st post!

best regards................. Mark

hi zebedee (any relation to zee :lol: )

there is no walkthrough on the rear lights

because its not the easiest of jobs

envolves risky manouveres

but can be done :winky:

thanks guys

I think i get the jist of what you are saying "don't DIY it"

has anyone on here done it though? - I am pretty handy at the modding thing and welcome a challenge, within reason of course...............................

OK, here goes:

Oven to 200degC

Lights on baking tray

Lights in oven for 5 mins

Remove from oven

Peel off outer lens

Allow to cool

Spray the reflector the colour of your dreams

Re-seal the outer lens using a quality silicone sealant

do not even try it that way :o

that is how you bake cakes !!

the rears do not come apart