Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Costs

barga

Here are all servicing costings for the is200 to 100.000 miles from Oxford.

( menu pricing ) all prices include vat

10,000 mile service - 152.44

Have to disagree my 10k service was £97 :o

Those are the prices I got from Darren.

Darren is obviously having a bad day i've still got my receipt so I know i'm not dreaming, unless they've hiked the price for 2003? :o

Not complaining though - It'll help cover my coffee bill there

So have you been to Lexus Ipswich then Simon? And is it any good?

I'm shall be angling for some replacement wheels on the warranty soon as mine are deteriorating.

Did you mean to ask Simon that ??

I've popped in to the new Ipswich showroom several times now.

They're having my car for the week while i'm off skiing ...

20k service and a bunch of warranty jobs :blink:

I'd like wheels too as mine have the pitting.

Unfortunately i've also scuffed them (some quite bad) ...

so mention has been made of a 'betterment' payment :(

Obviously i'll post a report in the dealer review section.

The good news though is that i think i've nagged them into 'GoldMember Discount' B)

I had my first experience with a Lexus dealer at Woodford. 60K service came in at £466.90 which included rear pads replacing and a minor repair under warranty to a radiator hose. The cost of the service was around £100 less than i paid so about £365. Seems favourable with the other post on this topic.

Phoned round three dealers in my area today for a quote for my first 10000 mile service.

Southampton GBP 95-84 inc VAT (+ GBP 15 for C/Car)

Swindon GBP 140 + VAT = GBP 164-50 (Free C/Car)

Reading GBP 95 to GBP 115 inc VAT (Free C/Car)

The variation in Readings price is because they sometimes have to renew the air filter.

When I told Swindon they were the most expensive by a large margin, and that I was a regular user of the Team Lexus website, they immediately offered me 15% discount. "Hang on a minute" I said. "I'm not a Gold Member so I'm not eligible for that discount". "That doesn't matter sir" was the response, "I will give you the discount anyway." Sorry Lexus Swindon, even after 15% discount you are still 47 quid more expensive than Southampton and Reading.

It certainly pays to shop around.

I will be coming up to the 70K service in a few thousand miles, just rang Lexus Bradford & Lexus Leeds :

Bradford - 70K Service :- £105+vat & Free C/Car

Leeds - 70K Service :- £135+vat & Sort the insurance out for C/Car

(They do not accept LOC Gold Discount, going to ring Lexus Sheffield tomorrow - they do)

i asked what was involved, Lexus Leeds said the standard oil + filter with the brakes check n he something about a flush and injector cleaning aswell and that Lexus Bradford don't do this, but they recomend it to be done...

Has anyone heard of this or had it done? your views on this please...

Thanks...

• 4 months later...

I have booked mine in for it's 40k service and was told it would be 280 + vat that's at Aberdeen.

Also need's a MOT.

Asked if I could get a certicy car but Lexus Aberdeen told me that I would have to call my insurance. So I called ' Bell Direct ' gave them all the information on the curticy car ie reg etc.. Told me it would cost 31.50 pounds to get it on my policy.

Then came back and said now they would not do it beacuse the car was not mine. Then went on to say that lexus should cover me.

Called Lexus and they said no. That I would not be covered beacuse my policy would only cover me 3rd.

Called bell direct back and they said No I could get it even if I paid the 31.5 ' were a little bitchy by this time'

Called back Lexus and said ' No insurance cover no curticy car ' They were even more ruder that Bell Direct.

So my IS 200 is booked in and I can't get or have a car from them. Well Upset :tsktsk:

Has any one ever that this problem before.

Cheers

Brian

I had to do that a couple of times coz the previous local dealer

didn't offer courtesy cars unless you insured them.

It's becoming more and more common.

I think the reason is the dealers insurers place a HUGE excess

on the policy. More than the dealer is willing to gamble on ...

A decent insurance policy WILL cover you for courtesy car use.

I just call mine to notify them and it's no problem.

The new local dealer seem to cover the insurance side too ...

So i don't need to worry about it now ...

three services - three courtesy cars.

just to confirm.... seeing my 10k is fairly soon, has anyone ever had the insurance free on a C/car? :unsure:

And I am still waiting for the cambridge branch to join the great group in heaven that is called gold member discount.... :sleeping:

I was told originally when I bought my lovely car that the minor services would be about £80 and the major's £160. Which I thought was a great selling point - hence my eager purchase...

I guess now i drive a premier car I will be paying the premier prices :sad:

Lets hope the "tramp effect clothes" gives them a guilt concience, when i wave the lovely gold membership card :winky:

-Lee

Lexus Aberdeen, standard 10K service for my IS200, with nothing else unusual, came to £140.59 in March. Would not have been so bad had they not charged me a ludicrous £47 for Shell Helix Oil (which I could buy from my local Shelll filling station for £13.49!!!). I wrote a letter of complaint to the MD of the dealership but he just defended their charges and offered me sod-all!

Oh and Aberdeen DONT give gold discounts. Guess they want to maintain the reputation of Aberdonians as being mean!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links