Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex-uk New Toy 1995 2.5 Tt Soarer !

Dave-Ellen

Nice one bud

Always good to see another soarer getting money spent on her :)

Re induction kit

Think twice about this as the best method on the soarer is to cut off front of airbox and box the area in around the airbox. Stock soarer airbox is good for a good few bhp before needing an induction kit.

And it has been dyno proven that the stock airbox with a k&n panel filter and above mod will release more power than an induction kit

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one bud

Always good to see another soarer getting money spent on her :)

Re induction kit

Think twice about this as the best method on the soarer is to cut off front of airbox and box the area in around the airbox. Stock soarer airbox is good for a good few bhp before needing an induction kit.

And it has been dyno proven that the stock airbox with a k&n panel filter and above mod will release more power than an induction kit

Hi

read that on TIF & elsewhere :D

looking at the route mentioned :)

here you go soarercentral (oz)

theres a couple of pages on there that shouls help you with the bfi, altho i think the best 1 was on reepa website which has not been working for a while :crybaby:

With regards to you wanting to do a hid conversion i believe the bulbs are hb3 an hb4 (i think) 1 set is capped the other uncapped which i think are 9005 & 9006,

steve

theres a couple of pages on there that shouls help you with the bfi, altho i think the best 1 was on reepa website which has not been working for a while :crybaby:

With regards to you wanting to do a hid conversion i believe the bulbs are hb3 an hb4 (i think) 1 set is capped the other uncapped which i think are 9005 & 9006,

steve

Cheers..........initial investigations show the main beam is a 9005 bulb...........when it stops hissing down i'll look @ dip

steve

Cheers..........initial investigations show the main beam is a 9005 bulb...........when it stops hissing down i'll look @ dip

bloomin eck !

a bit of rain

i heard it makes your hair grow :D

steve

bloomin eck !

a bit of rain

i heard it makes your hair grow :D

I wish :lol::lol:

nice, Have you got a tub to go on it yet?

looking :winky: want a quick spoolup rather than outright bhp..........

Lol so you are going straight for the single then :)

As for tubs friand Andy ahs a BL61 and very nice it is to

Not laggy at all really considering will get you 500 plus with all the other goodies needed

Is that the stryder performance mani? or there is another one from china it could be

Just asking as there seems to be some fitment issues with the wastegate was made for a Teal? i think and also some stud hole fitment probs

Be interesting to know how you got on with fitting this mani?

I keep looking at em and wondering

Will you be reinforcing the mani as well with some strengthening bars?

Sorry loads of questions :)

Lol so you are going straight for the single then :)

As for tubs friand Andy ahs a BL61 and very nice it is to

Not laggy at all really considering will get you 500 plus with all the other goodies needed

Is that the stryder performance mani? or there is another one from china it could be

Just asking as there seems to be some fitment issues with the wastegate was made for a Teal? i think and also some stud hole fitment probs

Be interesting to know how you got on with fitting this mani?

I keep looking at em and wondering

Will you be reinforcing the mani as well with some strengthening bars?

Sorry loads of questions :)

Thanks for comments on the manifold ...saw it on eBay with 10 minutes to go so was a bit of an impulse buy :duh: People who sold it supply me with 2jz-gte equivalents which fit OK and have not given my customers any problems to date.

Looking at a Garret GT3267 at the momnet (think thats the model) reasonably priced from my supplier of turbo kits in the US.

Front pipe is on its way and will be looking at a custom 3" exhaust system (single silencer) twill be a quiet one tho :D

nice, mate has the supra 440's which are a sirect replacement and the emanage with his single kit, an is putting out just 480 ish bhp, quite a good setup

thing to watch out for is that the box starts pulling the timing during gear changes when the power strats getting up, dean (mrdsukautos) knows how to help sort it fairly cheaply if your interested? (acnt find where the right up is at the mo tho :unsure: )

nice, mate has the supra 440's which are a sirect replacement and the emanage with his single kit, an is putting out just 480 ish bhp, quite a good setup

thing to watch out for is that the box starts pulling the timing during gear changes when the power strats getting up, dean (mrdsukautos) knows how to help sort it fairly cheaply if your interested? (acnt find where the right up is at the mo tho :unsure: )

Thanks for that....will PM him later

Ah nice to see they have started putting reinforcement on the manis now :)

Go with the emanage unless you are an approved f con tuner

Much easier and cheaper to tune and the emanage is up to the job ;)

As for gearbox mod i want to do the other mod to the box as well yet so will let you know how it goes once ive done it and its been in a month

Also will be fitting aus shift kit to compare how different they are.

Ah nice to see they have started putting reinforcement on the manis now :)

Go with the emanage unless you are an approved f con tuner

Much easier and cheaper to tune and the emanage is up to the job ;)

As for gearbox mod i want to do the other mod to the box as well yet so will let you know how it goes once ive done it and its been in a month

Also will be fitting aus shift kit to compare how different they are.

Twill probably be the ultimate (emanage)

Let me know about the gearbox mod & aus shift kit....BTW some nice looking intercoolers from oz on eBay in your view how do they compare with trust/blitz/hks et al ?

• 3 weeks later...

Well good luck with the Ultimate as noone has yet put one on a Soarer.

I am kinda thinking about it, but dont have the money yet so will stay with my normal emanage blue.

As you are getting the kit in bits rather than as a ready to go oner may I suggest getting a turbo that is water cooled rather than just oil cooled as the 1JZ does run hot.

I had to have my power pulled from 480 to 450 as the exesive heat build up was leading to alot of det.

So now I am about to lag every thing up and hopefully that will contain some of the underbonnet temps. I am also running 650 cc injectors (SARD) as they are a direct fitment where as the 550's need resistors. JSpec Supra 440's are fine as well.

I'm running a HKS GT30/37s, rated at a max output of 480bhp at the engine, giving me 375 at the wheels. Detuned due to det. :angry:

If I could post pikkys I would.

Andy.

Well good luck with the Ultimate as noone has yet put one on a Soarer.

I am kinda thinking about it, but dont have the money yet so will stay with my normal emanage blue.

As you are getting the kit in bits rather than as a ready to go oner may I suggest getting a turbo that is water cooled rather than just oil cooled as the 1JZ does run hot.

I had to have my power pulled from 480 to 450 as the exesive heat build up was leading to alot of det.

So now I am about to lag every thing up and hopefully that will contain some of the underbonnet temps. I am also running 650 cc injectors (SARD) as they are a direct fitment where as the 550's need resistors. JSpec Supra 440's are fine as well.

I'm running a HKS GT30/37s, rated at a max output of 480bhp at the engine, giving me 375 at the wheels. Detuned due to det. :angry:

If I could post pikkys I would.

Andy.

Hi

Turbo will be water cooled :D

Have sourced coilovers & uprated anti roll bars as well :D

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links