Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dvd Ripping Software

javadude

Can anyone recommend some good DVD ripping software for Windows? I'm thinking about getting a Palm Lifedrive sometime (to replace my current ageing Palm PDA, MP3 player and USB memory key) and I want to have a go at ripping my DVDs.

A friend recommended DVD Shrink for copying DVDs (which I don't want to do) and DVD Catalyst for ripping them to play on portable devices (which is exactly what I want to do). It lets you specify device type, eg, iPOD or set screen size manually, then set video and audio quality and it shows you a projection of the file size. Looks good tho not tried it yet.

• 7 months later...
A friend recommended DVD Shrink for copying DVDs (which I don't want to do) and DVD Catalyst for ripping them to play on portable devices (which is exactly what I want to do). It lets you specify device type, eg, iPOD or set screen size manually, then set video and audio quality and it shows you a projection of the file size. Looks good tho not tried it yet.

Sorry to bring this up...but have you tried the "DVD Catalyst" :question: Any good :question: Free to download :question:

Anyone else can recommend DVD copy and DVD ripping program :question: What's the best one to go for Windows? Ideally free to get or download.. :P :)

Sorry to bring this up...but have you tried the "DVD Catalyst" :question: Any good :question: Free to download :question:

Anyone else can recommend DVD copy and DVD ripping program :question: What's the best one to go for Windows? Ideally free to get or download.. :P :)

Think thats what Jave dude is using :)

All you need nowadays is aripping program and DVD shrink.

Hi mate , not used Windows for a while ut DVD Decrypter was the best program last time I was?

All highly Illegal

no its not because the original poster states he wants to copy his OWN dvds, you may make 1 backup of any dvd you own provided that you do not distribute the copy

all other posts have been suggestions on what software to use.