Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Calling All Computer Geeks

lexus boy

I have a problem with my printer

It is attached into the roouter, that all computers are connected in wirelessly

I can see the printer on the router, I can ping the printer.

But when it comes to printing it just comes up with an error

and stops the print que, no errors are coming up on the printer

It says on the print job that it is an error in connection

any ides...please

does the printer have wireless connection or a wired connection to the router? is the printer connected directly using either of the above two methods or is it a shared printer that is connected to a machine that is on the same network domain or workgroup?

also - are u using windows, unix, linux or mac os?

does the printer have wireless connection or a wired connection to the router? is the printer connected directly using either of the above to methods or is it a shared printer that is connected to a machine that is on the same network domain or workgroup?

also - are u using windows, unix, linux or mac os?

Im just using windows xp

It is a wired connection directly to the router

when was the last time this worked? has anything new been added to the network or any new software installed? maybe a firewall for example? you could try connecting the printer directly to a laptop and check if the fault is actually with the printer rather than the fact it is a networked printer?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links