Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 (53)

Willowwood

When motorway cruising in 6th gear I usually get a fair bit of vibration throughout the car, not especially through the pedals or gearstick but the whole car in general.

Is this the norm like my juddery 1st to 2nd gear change (Lexus have checked and say is OK), or could it be something moe sinister !!!

I assume you have had the wheels balanced and tracked?

No I havent, as I had wheels replaced (corroding) by Lexus when I bought car 2 months ago, I presumed they would have done this.

It doesnt pull to one side and no vibration through steering wheel.

Do you think they would do these checks under warranty ??

When motorway cruising in 6th gear I usually get a fair bit of vibration throughout the car, not especially through the pedals or gearstick but the whole car in general.

Is this the norm like my juddery 1st to 2nd gear change (Lexus have checked and say is OK), or could it be something moe sinister !!!

To answer the last bit first, it is not the norm so something is wrong.

I would say that it sounds like a wheel balance issue, probably rears if you have no steering judder.

You also say whilst in 6th gear, do you still get the same vibration in 5th at the same speed?

Get your wheels balanced mate thats prob what is is!

Get your wheels balanced mate thats prob what is is!

OK, will check ballancing.

To answer MacRS200 it is the same in 5th as well as 6th

I had exactly the same thing with my IS, vibration between 60 & 80, nothing above or below that speed. A full geometry cured it completely...... :)

Only asked to make sure it is speed related and not engine rev related.

Like IanB said check that the tyres are correctly seated on the rims with no bulges and that there is no "run out" on the rims as well as balancing.

• 2 weeks later...

Like IanB said check that the tyres are correctly seated on the rims with no bulges and that there is no "run out" on the rims as well as balancing.

Had wheels ballanced and it was a rear wheel problem, all running perfect now.

Thanks for your help

• 6 months later...

Warning to you all i had the same sorta promblem, had wheels balanced and checked - all was fine for a day or two but then cam back, The problem was the Brake Caliper was sticking - Lexus Guildford changed it for me for the Cheep sum of £550 inc fitting (they did it str8 away too) :o