Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Were Should I Be Starting

tyrrp

So. I am new to the IS200. Recently got a 2001 IS200 with only 21,000 miles so it is basically a new car. In Ireland by the way

What should I be doing to get some better handling and performance but not going as far as a turbo or supercharger. Also I have a 1 year lexus used car warantee to protect so have to watch out there.

Any of the below any good from eBay. Or can you suggest better versions or better items in general.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEXUS-IS200-IS300-FRON...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-K-N-HIGH-FLOW-Air-...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/25BHP-MOD-Any-Lexus-IS...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-IS200...sspagenameZWDVW

I wouldn't bother .... it's crap

This is the other good alternative, if you don't want the complete induction pipe

err ... forget about it ..........

Never heard of it ....... pass

handling wise im sure that most would aggree is a set of uprated anti roll bars ,check out the groub buy section i think mike morse is running a group but for them, an iduction kit is worth it, i have the prolex induction kit and a prolex kazzamma back box but there are other systems, the cusco rear strut brace that you have seen is only half of it, there should be another part accross the top, and some lowering springs as the Is 200 se is sits too high IMO, there is a start for you mate

Agree with SF,

No 1 - The strut brace/tower bar looks a bit flimsy.

No 3 - It's a cheap resistor that costs about £2 for a bag of 25, + it don't work

No 4 - For a start it's only half of what you need for a rear trangulated brace.

Jocksuper7 has the right suggestions IMHO :D

In no particular order:

Lowering springs

Uprated ARB's (yes I'm doing a GB on the TRD yellow ARB, the best out there)

Uprated ARB and ball joint bushes

Induction kit

Decatted manifold & center section

Cat-back exhaust

You are probably looking at around E 2,500 for this lot from new, much less for good S/H kit.

Merry Modding!

Sorry if this is going :offtopic: but does the group buy of the ARBs include the bushes, Mike?

I'm sure I read somewhere that bushes came with them...

Sorry if this is going :offtopic: but does the group buy of the ARBs include the bushes, Mike?

No, the TRD bushes are separate. Fensport or Envy Performance sell these. In my opinion it's well worth changing the bushes at the same time as the ARB's rather than paying two lots of labour.

in my opinion, and ive fitted a fair few anti roll bars, there is no need to pay the extra for uprated anti roll bar bushes.

i have the std ones fitted to both the monster and the drift car......and i tried a set to see if there was a noticable difference, and there wasnt.

obviously if your standerd bushes are crumbling id suggest changing......but its not a must do item

as for uprated balljoint bushes, what are these?

, there are uprated TRD bushes for the Wishbones, but again i can honestly say that for a normal road car changing them is total overkill

No, the TRD bushes are separate. Fensport or Envy Performance sell these. In my opinion it's well worth changing the bushes at the same time as the ARB's rather than paying two lots of labour.

Mike are you sure ? coz when lexus jim had the yellow TRD ARB's(new) thay come with new bushes, as the ARB is bigger than standard ARB, and the standard ones did not fit the yellow ARB :duh:

Mike are you sure ? coz when lexus jim had the yellow TRD ARB's(new) thay come with new bushes, as the ARB is bigger than standard ARB, and the standard ones did not fit the yellow ARB :duh:

I'll check with the supplier, BRB