Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Honda Civic-r

Claire G

I went and had a test drive of the Type-R Civic on Saturday - tee, hee, hee.

Accelaration is a bit faster (!) than the IS200 and the bucket seats felt really nice. That gearstick takes a little getting used to though, being so high up and coming out of the dash!

I'm obviously not used to front wheel drive though, I kept scaring the salesman by wheel spinning out of junctions. I think he was left checking his tyres for bald spots at the end :unsure:

Good toy anyway.... :D

Hi,

I had the Civic VTi, before the IS200, boy it was a fun to drive car, in out and out traffic as it was small, acceleration and the buzz of quick pull offs at the lights etc.. was there when needed... still remember the days...

& Now the IS200, this is a driving class of it's own.... can't fault it tho.... ;) ;)

I went and had a test drive of the Type-R Civic on Saturday - tee, hee, hee.

Accelaration is a bit faster (!) than the IS200

a bit faster! I drove one a couple of months ago and it is seriously quick. You have to get used to running it up to over 8000 revs, feels like you are flogging it but it loves it!!

My hubby currently drives a VTEC Prelude and you have to get it to about 5.5 revs before it kicks in. He scared the sales man as he was trying to get it to kick in but the one on the Type-R is more 'progressive'. He took it to nearly the limiter and got some absurd speed..... and made our boy car sick!!!!!

Guess, we won't be invited back for another go :lol:

I had a play in a Type R a few weeks ago, went to the Honda dealer with my girlfriends dad. Got talking to the salesman about my Lexus, he said fancy a go in the Type R, was not that impressed to be honest.

You really have to nail it, on the limit in all gears. Taught the young kid a thing or two about driving though, he said never knew it could do that!!

Told him I'd stick to the Lexus!!

Mark - have you done much development work on the CTR ???? If so - please do expand further .... could have some interest - especailly as we have over 100 new Civic Type-R owners in Honda-R ..... and there isn't much out there yet (not stuff developed for the car - lots of bolt on stuff that isn't that good)

Anyone ever taken an S2000 for a spin? Absolutely fan-bloody-tastic - but only if it's a 2002 model with modified rear suspension, otherwise it's very tail happy.

I would swap my IS for an S2K without question. Only problem would be finding a place for all my stuff!!

The acceleration in that thing is very fast - And the engine sounds superb when the VTEC is screaming away.

Mark - have you done much development work on the CTR ???? If so - please do expand further .... could have some interest - especailly as we have over 100 new Civic Type-R owners in Honda-R ..... and there isn't much out there yet (not stuff developed for the car - lots of bolt on stuff that isn't that good)

The parts that are currently available are ;

HKS Super Powerflow induction

HKS iridium plugs

HKS Twin Power ignition amplifier

HKS FCON S engine management

Toda flywheel and clutch

Toda camshafts

Mugen exhaust system

Mugen exhaust manifold

Mugen ecu

Mugen camshafts

Mugen strut braces

Mugen suspension

Mugen also offer a lot of race orientated parts.

Hope this helps

Mark :)

Anyone ever taken an S2000 for a spin? Absolutely fan-bloody-tastic - but only if it's a 2002 model with modified rear suspension, otherwise it's very tail happy.

I would swap my IS for an S2K without question. Only problem would be finding a place for all my stuff!!

The acceleration in that thing is very fast - And the engine sounds superb when the VTEC is screaming away.

The S2000 is a fine car.

Tachbrook Honda in Birmingham are selling brand new S2000's fully loaded with our uprated parts on it without affecting the warranty.

The parts they are loaded with are ; HKS exhaust system, HKS racing manifold, HKS racing suction induction. It's a shame they don't fit the suspension or engine management because they are very good.

Tell you what though Mark,i like the look of that TODA stuff,especially there built 3S-GE...

on a personal note.....has any stuff for the "monster" started arriving yet :unsure:

The Monster?

Is that a secret project? <_< :unsure:

Tell you what though Mark,i like the look of that TODA stuff,especially there built 3S-GE...

on a personal note.....has any stuff for the "monster" started arriving yet :unsure:

The Monster?

Is that a secret project? <_< :unsure:

its SO secret that superchargedIS200 has it in his sig.

so it is shown at the bootom of (currently) over 1900 posts.

hmmmmmm

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mark,

I am indeed familiar with the Mugan and HKS parts - I was thinking more stuff developed specifically with the car.

A lot of stuff has come out pretty quick without much developement work. I spent a fair bit of time with one of the CTR racing teams earlier this year, and I know there are huge benefits to be had from better breathing - but for the road car the only system that currently has been tested and developed using the UK road car is the Hayward one and currently it still cannot avoid the check light issue due to the two cat sensors.

Most of the induction kits lose power (except the Mugan one - one of these fitted and tested recently - very good..... but nice closed box rather than an open filter begging for heat soak.)

I realise the car is very new, but many people are impatient, and are ready to spend on something that really delivers.

In Japan they haven't taken to it (they get the DC5 - who can blame them!!) so I understand they won't be clamering to spend time on the car.

You will get me quicker by email - if you have anything specifically for the car - not an off the shelf product made to fit it - something where the time has been taken to develop it on the car - mail me..... we have a meeting this weekend - expecting circa 200+ Hondas to converge on Gaydon - be nice if I can pass on some news.

• 8 months later...
A lot of stuff has come out pretty quick without much developement work. I spent a fair bit of time with one of the CTR racing teams earlier this year, and I know there are huge benefits to be had from better breathing - but for the road car the only system that currently has been tested and developed using the UK road car is the Hayward one and currently it still cannot avoid the check light issue due to the two cat sensors.

Most of the induction kits lose power (except the Mugan one - one of these fitted and tested recently - very good..... but nice closed box rather than an open filter begging for heat soak.)

I realise the car is very new, but many people are impatient, and are ready to spend on something that really delivers.

In Japan they haven't taken to it (they get the DC5 - who can blame them!!) so I understand they won't be clamering to spend time on the car.

You will get me quicker by email - if you have anything specifically for the car - not an off the shelf product made to fit it - something where the time has been taken to develop it on the car - mail me..... we have a meeting this weekend - expecting circa 200+ Hondas to converge on Gaydon - be nice if I can pass on some news.

Not sure I'm with you on this as some of what you have said seems to contradict our testing.

Anyway, a bit of news for you, our little Civic Type R won the Car & Car Conversions "Tuned Car of the Year" competition, against some formidable competion.