Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Altezza Exhaust

Noel

Hi all,

When considering a replacement exhaust what will fit the RS200, most sites say Lexus/Altezza.....but with different engines do they not have different exhausts as well....

What i've gathered from searching these forums is that the back box is the same on both, what about from the cat back......is this also the same?......or does the Altezza have a unique exhaust?

One more thing on American sites they talk of the Altezza IS300, different again i presume?

Still browsing at this stage

thanks

Back boxs are the same.

Center pipe is totally different from RS200 to IS200/IS300

The American sites always say 'Altezza' yet there are none there (well theres less than dozen lol) US spec exhaust won't fit as there front and rear bumpers are 1" longer thus the tailpipe would hang out alot further than the bumper.

IMO, the only exhaust you should consider if u want quality note but not loud is the HKS Silent Hi-Power. I had a prolex kazama... it was SOOO loud it was like i had no silencers at all!!!!!! loool

Back boxs are the same.

Center pipe is totally different from RS200 to IS200/IS300

The American sites always say 'Altezza' yet there are none there (well theres less than dozen lol) US spec exhaust won't fit as there front and rear bumpers are 1" longer thus the tailpipe would hang out alot further than the bumper.

IMO, the only exhaust you should consider if u want quality note but not loud is the HKS Silent Hi-Power. I had a prolex kazama... it was SOOO loud it was like i had no silencers at all!!!!!! loool

...and if you want to see what the inside of the exhaust looks like pop over here

Edited by jasestu

• 4 weeks later...

With driving an import you are never sure what is standard and what if anything did the last owner change since they first bought it in Japan....

My only comparison is with IS200, lots of plain standard IS200 around....

Driving behind a normal IS200 i have noticed that their end pipe is waaaaay smaller than what i have on the RS200, exit part of mine is 80mm diameter....would be great if you could confirm if it is standard or not.....

Would be silly of me to change the back box to to improve the sound when it might already have been changed.......

Probably should stop comparing the RS200 with what others do with IS200..........different starting points

Is there any site that anyone knows off that has all this info.......Think i've read all the pages on Altezza on this forum at this stage.

Can anyone help me on this one please.... Altezza rs200 manual, factory headers into 2 1/2" pipe, to resinator just in front of rear suspension then jasma straight through muffler with 4 1/2" tip. revs very smooth to 7.8 grand with a very large backfire between gears.. Not too much of a problem yet, But, Wife... I need to take a little bit of noise out of it , looking for just a rear muffler replacement. Any suggestions, Other than trade in the ole girl. Cheers.

• 14 years later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links