Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's The Best Thing...

As someone reasonably new to the forum, and the Lexus brand, I have to say that of any forum I have ever been a member of this one has been by far the best.

There are so many great ideas, enthusiasm etc, knowledgeable people and the board and comitee let people get on with it, unless someones showing off about a tail slide......it's a breath of fresh air.

I for one (as I'm sure you know by now) have spent the majority of my web time on here recently (need to get a life :blink: )...so apologies...but I just wanted to raise this topic if anyones willing/interested?

So - the question is - what's the best thing you've learnt in the IS forum, how much cash has it saved you etc...?

That windows XP directly affects a Cats Hangtime when kicked,

And all the little nuggets of wisdom, involving fuse location,and the like )ecu reste is good too) stuff that a garage would drag for ages and charge a fortune for, and tuning parts at discount prices when you are a gold member

Best thing for me has been finding out about Gold Membership, and the saving's I now plan to make on servicing, etc.

It was also invaluable when looking for winter wheels recently. Great help and support from the forum, as well as providing me with a perfect set of spare wheels.

Like you, I get sucked into this when I'm supposed to be working (at home). My wife thinks I'm turning into an anorak!!!!!!!

IanB :D :D

Best thing for me has been finding out about Gold Membership, and the saving's I now plan to make on servicing, etc.

It was also invaluable when looking for winter wheels recently. Great help and support from the forum, as well as providing me with a perfect set of spare wheels.

Like you, I get sucked into this when I'm supposed to be working (at home). My wife thinks I'm turning into an anorak!!!!!!!

IanB :D :D

...I know the feeling...I actually nearly bought a "Parka" the other day....and I need a shave...

mine must be the calliper painting, plucked up the courage to do it a couple of weeks ago and im so pleased with the outcome.

also the general info i was given when i was looking to buy my lex, i could only afford a high milage one (im poor and at uni, haha), so things like cambelt etc i had no idea about. becasue of this knowledge i managed to get cam belt, tensioners etc changed before i bought the car saving me, what could have been a small fortune in the ling run had i not know this.

Altezza info......'cos it's an import local garages haven't a clue :duh: , thanks to the advice on here i plan to take a more hands on approach than with previous cars....hopefully a good thing ...... :)

Already sorted a coil pack problem, wouldn't have tried without good advice.....

One of the best things about the forum is the friendly people and helpfull advice. All types of people which make it top notch. It has to be the best forum i have signed up too... im still going back and looking at old posts so theres always something too do. lol (too much free time) B)

Friendly banter, the gold mine of information, saving money (and being tempted to spend some more :)) and knowing that there are plenty of other like minded people with the Lexus brand close to their heart :wub:

as a new member and new lexus owner i found all i needed to know here and more. The different sub forums really help to locate what you want to read up on without the 'im new, how do i do this?' threads.

I'm really enjoying the new IS250 threads which hopefully will be my next investment once i get the beans together.

new member,learnt f*??????????????ing bucket loads about my baby lex,all the tech boys in this club know their motors inside out,and are always willing to help special needers like me.even when i pi?? em off with my complete lack of knowledge.its wicked :D :D :Ddownside,spent all my money :unsure:

Definately the best forum I have been a member off. Many useful tips and ideas and in particular an interesting and enthusiastic group of members.

I to spend many a lunch time and evening plus during the odd coffee break reading through the posts. Its a bit addictave, but what great fun and source of info.

Great cars, and I guess great people drive them.