Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

post-1544-1138822254.jpg

Filled up today and had a quick glance at my trip computer !! :crybaby::crybaby:

wish I hadnt of done now :sick::sick:

I think its my personal lowest MPG ever!!

Anyone got lower in a GS 300 mk2?

I've seen cops doing 14mpg in an RX300, but that's 'cos they'd spent most of the time parked in the town centre with the engine running!

full tank costs about £57.00 at the moment

and this last tank got me

160 miles !!

Iv'e started a new job wich isnt that far away but its alot of bumper to bumper "action" and some big hills. Im guessing this is whats causing the silly mpg figure.

jeesh , i stick in about 40 ish quid to 1/2 to 3/4 fill up mine, (always top it up when it gets to half ish of a tank) and i get roughly 170 to 190 miles. no idea what mine does to a full tank, never tried it ,

when i bought the car it was empty, so i put in £35.00 (normal cost to nearly fill the supra) and it half filled it, :( i thought about giving the lex back and getting my supra back :)

glad i didnt though

Steve

I'm getting 25-27 mpg average, noting that 95% of my driving is on motorways (M11, M25, M1) at 70-75 and the rest on country roads on cruise control. The oil has been changed (fully syn 5W-40), but the air filter needs changing.

I think its pretty naff mpg, hopefully is may improve when I change the air filter.

have you thought about lpg?

My mk2 has 2 tanks which give me 110litres of useable fuel capacity. My range is about 530 miles and it costs £34 to fill.

tanks fit nicely into the boot (one in wheel well, one between the rear arches) still lots of boot space.

Still have petrol if I need it but owing to price of the stuff above definately avoid using it!!!!!

ian

That's really bizarre, you must be giving it some welly. Driving around stop-start traffic I'm not getting less than 17mpg, and I leave the climate control on all day. Even when I had the LS400, stop start traffic kept that down to 15mpg only.

thats Leeds for ye

glad i dont have that problem of traffic, im going home to nice warm bed(thanx Fiona) whilst you lot are struggling to get to work :)

but brett, why do you have a mk2 sport when you stick to the limits?.

:):)

come on you gotta feed some speed into your ride some time?

Steve

*fellow Leeds lad*

Do it yourself before you go. Disconnect the Battery earth for 5 minutes or find the 2 EFI fuses in the fuse box and pull them for 5 minutes. The car may run a bit pants to start with but after a couple of miles will come up OK. A service centre especially Lexus will not test your lambda sensors they'll just replace them and they are not cheap so do the cheap check first and book it back in if it doesn't fix it. Both lambdas are easy enough to get to so you might get a local garage service to pull them out and clean them. Lemon juice is acidic enough to clean them up.

thats Leeds for ye

glad i dont have that problem of traffic, im going home to nice warm bed(thanx Fiona) whilst you lot are struggling to get to work :)

but brett, why do you have a mk2 sport when you stick to the limits?.

:):)

come on you gotta feed some speed into your ride some time?

Steve

*fellow Leeds lad*

:winky: Spot on, My mates Monaro VXR, whent down from 23/24 MPG too 17, he changed those sensors and bingo back up to 27MPG on a run, so an improvement. :lol:

Hello for everybody. The same for me: just one month i'm owner of GS300 T3 95' and already find that consumption of my GS are 20liters/100km (12MPG). Using my car on the city in -10 degrees and with winter tyres 18/265 on the rear rims but still thinking that it's too much. Sorry that i'm use this post but can anybody tell me about real fuel consumption of the same year GS300 T3? And what it's pwr/ect and maybe i need to turn it on in winter time? Thanks for everyone for any explanation.