Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Poor Build Quality

Hi All

Just heard from Lexus, Tunbridge Wells - Apparently the rattle sound from the doors is nothing to do with the doors, its the chair/seat!!! Now, they are ordering a new chair, again have to come from Japan. So does that mean Lexus will have to replace all cars with rattling sound(from doors) with new chairs?

Guys, I should have kept my IS 200.

Javeed

I would suggest that you find out when it's coming...and will it be the right colour...

'cos you know what they say about sods law!

when dealers start resorting to son of a gun, WD40 etc etc, I start to worry. This doesn't sound much like the Lexus I had in mind.

It's nothing new I'm afraid - my dealers particular "cure-all" for creaks in my last IS was silicone grease spray. This included the seats, and yes, they got it on the leather :ohmy:

IMHO the Lexus "dealer experience" had more to do with the fact that they generally didn't have to do much apart from provide a nice environment and some coffee. If there was an actual problem (i.e. one that requires mechanical expertise) they're no better than any other as far as I can tell.

An update on mine . first day and the result is that where the dash touches the windscreent the foam insulation has not been fitted evenly. ..cauding the resonance and rattle The doors will be looked at over the next day or two

As some one said in another post the PDI is poor as this car rattled from the ist minute I drove it

I am thinking of getting rid of this car as I see many months of frustrating hassles with it.

Cant beleive that lexus can be this bad at quality control

ALan

PS Praise is due to James at Lexus Woodford who is very polite, helpful, open and optomistic..He is a credit to that dealership!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links