Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Marketing Campaigns - Same But Different?

Interesting to look at all the different Lexus sites around the globe. Particulalry the IS250 sites.

Is the 'Move as one' campaign for the IS250 used outside of Australia? :question:

The ad on TV is quite spectacular using a black IS250 model in a stadium. A man dives

down from the roof of the stadium (similar to a diver at swimming) and morphs into the

Lexus.

You can check out the ad at: http://www.lexus.com.au/models/default.asp?model=IS250

Interested to hear on difference in marketing depending on location. I guess a range of factors

are considered including:

Target demographics (although I suspect this would be similar in many regions)

Competition ( again geographic location would be significant in Oz there are more Asian makes (ie Japanese/Korean) are less expensive and offer greater value as oppossed to European counterparts

Pricing - how much are consumers willing to spend on a vehicle many factors here such as tariff/exchange rate/cost of transportation-export etc...

Do different regions operate autonomously in terms of marketing/branding or does Lexus Global HQ provide guidence and basic template if you like :question:

Interested to hear any feedback on these questions.

Cheers

Interesting to look at all the different Lexus sites around the globe. Particulalry the IS250 sites.

Is the 'Move as one' campaign for the IS250 used outside of Australia? :question:

The ad on TV is quite spectacular using a black IS250 model in a stadium. A man dives

down from the roof of the stadium (similar to a diver at swimming) and morphs into the

Lexus.

You can check out the ad at: http://www.lexus.com.au/models/default.asp?model=IS250

Interested to hear on difference in marketing depending on location. I guess a range of factors

are considered including:

Target demographics (although I suspect this would be similar in many regions)

Competition ( again geographic location would be significant in Oz there are more Asian makes (ie Japanese/Korean) are less expensive and offer greater value as oppossed to European counterparts

Pricing - how much are consumers willing to spend on a vehicle many factors here such as tariff/exchange rate/cost of transportation-export etc...

Do different regions operate autonomously in terms of marketing/branding or does Lexus Global HQ provide guidence and basic template if you like :question:

Interested to hear any feedback on these questions.

Cheers

Thanks Lexusyd.

Can't answer some of the questions, but the ad's slightly better than the UK one. I preferred the Drive footage video (the last one), where they show the car taking some scenic routes and on a race track.

Just after the waterfall scene, you go back to the race track, drivers view of the road, and what feels like a twitch as he's approaching the bend (maybe it's just camera panning), but makes the car look as though it's on the limits of adhesion on standard road tyres...really cool bits (I'm easily impressed).

I enjoyed that vid more then any of the ad's - use the link above, go to "multimedia gallery" and click on TV COMMERCIAL. Maybe that should be the ad...far more successful, just needs a couple of shots in there of the interior, MM etc...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links