Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Converting To An Iso Connector

New to this site. Need somebody's help because Lexus aren't very helpful. Just bought an IS200SE. '99 V reg model no 33199. There was no sounds in it at all, so I bought a CD player with ISO connector. The problem is nobody has an audio connector to convert the existing plugs to ISO and when i tell them there is SATNAV in the car they look horrified or do that sucking noise saying "it's gauna cost you". I'm at my wits end. Can anybody tell me if this audio connector exists or tell me the colour coding for the wiring which is there in the car?

you bought a car with no headunit in, you do realise that the nav wont work without the headunit

there is no ISO connector for the sport and SE models as they have a seperate amp

Edited by Monster-Mat

you bought a car with no headunit in, you do realise that the nav wont work without the headunit

there is no ISO connector for the sport and SE models as they have a seperate amp

The nav is working but there is no sound.

thats correct it needs to go through the headunit/ amp

The nav is working but there is no sound.

thats correct it needs to go through the headunit/ amp

Any suggestions? The car did appear to have been set up previously with an ISO connector but they took it with them. My plan is to identify the wiring on the existing plugs and convert it. Would anybody have the colour coding for the Lexus audio plugs?

i have a 99sport with sat nav, am i right in saying that if i wanted to fit an aftermarket headunit in my car i would need your connector to allow me to use my sat nav?

reason why i ask is due to mine being a 99 IS i am waiting in preparation for the ERR3 message as so far (touch wood) i have had no problems.

you will need to fit an additional speaker for the voice tho, i havent got around to doing mine yet, still tyna source a decent speaker for the job :S

not anymore Raz,,,, solved that little problem,, read my manual on the linky in first post..

i can help,,, with a loom and sat nav bypass details...

have a look here

Got your reply last night. Downloaded your video and manual. I even understand it clearly and that's some feat. I found out though that the previous owner has, in all their wisdom, removed the stock amplifier as well. Well done to them, but you have given me a project to get my teeth into. Just another quick question though (I may sound really thick when I ask this) but my satnav, very recently, is requesting the map CD upon opening. I take it this is done through the CD player, therefore, I will have to get the whole system up and running before I can sort this? Apologies for being stupid but I have no literature for the satnav.