Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Wheels Are Wounded!

MrADeveci

Driving down the A13 .......... and some lorry decided to throw a load of wood over the carriageway ......

Hit a few of the cars in front of me ...... then just were just splattered across the A13.

I couldn't stop, or move ........... and no choice but to drive over the scattered lumps of wood.

Straight after that ... called it into the police, but realised that my steering wheel was wobbling like mad!

Got home ........ took off all four alloys, result ?

Both right hand side, front and back alloys are buckled.

The front is more than the rear, but they are both :tsktsk:

I have had to replace the front with the 17", but I need to get them repaired ?

Can anyone advice anywhere ..... not forgetting I'm East London ..................... why does this always happen to me !!! :crybaby:

post-7604-1138904799.jpg

post-7604-1138904833.jpg

post-7604-1138904852.jpg

Tyres seem fine .........

They are the 18" TTE Chicanes ....... only had them about 2 months :crybaby:

I think I might just get rid of the Lex ......... all I seem to have is bad luck with it.

I think I might just get rid of the Lex ......... all I seem to have is bad luck with it.

What

Your a main man on here.

I had a run of bad luck with mine and felt the same, but realised apart from spending more on a much better car or buying a brand new one theres nothing else out there.

Time heals it mate - keep your pecker up.

Really sorry to hear that!! :(

I think Gord still has a set of 18" wheels like yours for sale. Might work out cheaper and better in the long run getting a full set then trying to get them repaired.

Hope you get it sorted!

That's awful, especially with such a new set of wheels, although is it normal for wheels to buckle like that? How big were the bits of wood? Is there any damage to suspension, etc. as well?

Don't think I'd feel safe even if those wheels could be repaired, hope you get it sorted soon, and even better, you track down the fool that was throwing wood around in the first place - imagine if that had flown through someone's windscreen...... :o

That's awful, especially with such a new set of wheels, although is it normal for wheels to buckle like that? How big were the bits of wood? Is there any damage to suspension, etc. as well?

Don't think I'd feel safe even if those wheels could be repaired, hope you get it sorted soon, and even better, you track down the fool that was throwing wood around in the first place - imagine if that had flown through someone's windscreen...... :o

Is Insurance out of the ? because I claimed sucessfully when I damaged 2x 18" wheels on my IS300 whilst driving in Italy:The road joint in a contra-flow was 2" high!!!

Tel :driving:

My wife in an A-class hit a deep pothole awhile back and although everything looked ok, a few days later bulges started to appear on the tyre side walls on the front and back passenger side, had to change them.....i be worried for your tyres considering the impact....especially low profiles...had to be pinched