Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Much Can It Take

snake

Hi Guys and gals

Wondered if anyone could tell me how much power the standard is200 engine can handle before serious internal modification would be needed.

Have seen a whole raft of turbos available giving some huge power gains and wondered how far you could take it before the engine would give up. :o

DAZA W has all the uprates internals in his conversion...not seen him around for a while though

mine is just fine good for 260 bhp but mine does have the internals now

mike(roadrash) has about 250-260 bhp with standard internals

it was spock that blew is engine i think he had 280 bhp

but will take alot of money to hit thses figures

As Daza W said in order to push out those figure you are talking mega bucks which i just cant justify when you could buy a car with stock 250+BHP for much less. Yes, obviously not a lexus but thats how the cookie crumbles.

Isnt the is300 internals better suited to handling far more?

As Daza W said in order to push out those figure you are talking mega bucks which i just cant justify when you could buy a car with stock 250+BHP for much less. Yes, obviously not a lexus but thats how the cookie crumbles.

Isnt the is300 internals better suited to handling far more?

The IS300 2JZ-GE engine as standard can handle up to 350bhp (fly). I'm upgrading mine with MK-IV Supra pistons, rods and head gasket for up to 500bhp (fly).