Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where Is The Best Place To Put A 'wanted' Ad?

Leeky

Hi guys!

Cant seem to see a 'Wanted' section like what we have over on TOC so i was wondering where would it be best to post up that im looking for an Aristo TT?

Im sure LOC is the place that i should be looking.

Cheers

Leeky

Hi guys!

Cant seem to see a 'Wanted' section like what we have over on TOC so i was wondering where would it be best to post up that im looking for an Aristo TT?

Im sure LOC is the place that i should be looking.

Cheers

Leeky

Dangerous Brain is selling his pimp'd Aristo TT

Hi

I'll post loads of pics up when i get it on Saturday :winky:

I dont want anything 'too' far away from standard. As i like the way the aristo/gs300 is stock and i dont want anything with a loud exhaust etc if you get what i mean.

Im going to ditch the cats on this one and put a downpipe in, boost controller and safc. That should give me enough juice without making the car too loud. :)

and i dont want anything with a loud exhaust etc if you get what i mean.

Im going to ditch the cats on this one and put a downpipe in, boost controller and safc. That should give me enough juice without making the car too loud. :)

Kinda contradicting yourself there :duh:

Not at all, i want a few extra ponies but wanna keep the car as close to stock noise levels as possible :)

De-cat should only make the turbo wistle a little louder, otherwise the stock exhaust system is still in place to keep noise down. Also without the cats the stock system 'should' be good for 1.1bar.

Not at all, i want a few extra ponies but wanna keep the car as close to stock noise levels as possible :)

Are you trying to tell me that decatting and replacing the downpipe (I assume you mean the stock manifold) will not increase the exhaust noise? :question:

I have a completely unrestricted exhaust - manifold and centre section by ProLex, cat back by Blue Flame, and it's probably the loudest car in the club!

BTW don't bother looking at US manifolds, they won't fit the RHD

No no not the manifold. By downpipe i mean turbo to exhaust system to replace the cats.

I come from a mk4 supra background so have a 2jzgte tuning history, we always reffer to the decats as downpipes as the stock system comes as two cats connected via some pipework directly onto the turbo. Most decats connect directly to the turbo manifold and run all the way to the midpipe on the exhaust system.

I junked the cats on my UK Supra MK4 TT and it didnt make the car any louder unless you were at full chat. Pottering about town only the turbo whistle was any louder than normal.

Thats all im going to do exhaust wise ^_^

No no not the manifold. By downpipe i mean turbo to exhaust system to replace the cats.

I come from a mk4 supra background so have a 2jzgte tuning history, we always reffer to the decats as downpipes as the stock system comes as two cats connected via some pipework directly onto the turbo. Most decats connect directly to the turbo manifold and run all the way to the midpipe on the exhaust system.

I junked the cats on my UK Supra MK4 TT and it didnt make the car any louder unless you were at full chat. Pottering about town only the turbo whistle was any louder than normal.

Thats all im going to do exhaust wise ^_^

So....will de-catting my LS 400 make it faster?........ :)

In theory yes, as your engine will be stronger at the top end but the LS400 is limited to 155mph so unless you remove that your not going to go any faster.

Problem with decatting non turbos is you loose back pressure in most cases which means the car will loose low down response/torque.

If you mean faster as in 0-60 then maybe. It all depends on how the 1uzfe handles less back pressure. You may find its faster but you may also find its sluggish compared to normal.

Only way to find out is to give it a go really :) Although i wouldnt say its worth it myself :)