Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Look What Going In Tomro

Hey all, after a long itme now everything has arrived and tomro is the day its all going in.

If anyone see anything thats going to be a problem post it up no matter how little it might seem.

Also if anyone knows where i can find a place to get a power cable from the engine bay in to the car, as i havent got a clue where a hole could be, if there is one.

Cheers

Why have you got 2 sets of 6x9s?

I bought the alpine ones then i had to buy all the maystar stuff as a group to make it cheaper, so if anyone need a set of 200w 6x9s let me know.

Also if anyone want to know the rear lexus 6x9s are 25watt 2ohms and 17.5 4ohms i think the tweeters are the 4 ohms, not sure.

Well long day today, a guy who was meant to help didnt show so i was left stranded, and thought bugga it ill give it ago.

Got quite alot done but more to do tomro.

One of my beautiful assistances lololol what a mug :D

Ripped out headunit and fed wires down each side of the car, coming out here (all the blue cables)

The sub in its box pointing out the arm rest hole where it will be placed

there are more pictures but run out of space, i need more how can i get it????

dont worry found out lol

Nice shiney amp bolts to the sub box

and headunit in when its all wired up (hopefully tomro)

your not dyna matting the boot then.........trust me, it will vibrate like hell

Not at the moment run out of money already and need to buy stuff to get it working first. might do it when i get paid, what exactly vibrates in there???

Not at the moment run out of money already and need to buy stuff to get it working first. might do it when i get paid, what exactly vibrates in there???

I bet the numberplate will....

I bet the numberplate will....

hmmm maybe, thing is my mates got a 1997 fiat punto 1.1 totally chaved it up, but looks pretty good, hes got 4 amps 3 subs 2 6x9s and componant speakers, and he doesnt gets hardly any rattle at all.

Guess ill have to get it working and find out lol.

(o yeah his cars got 55bhp, and each amp is meant to take off up to 4hp)

im only writing this because you can all rip him at JAE this year :P :P :P

ok heres what will rattle......having helped someone Dynamat his car...

starting from the rear...

the boot lid

the parcel shelf

the rear bulkhead

the rear 3/4 panels

the bumper

the back doors

the front doors

the roof

and the most anoying, the 2 metal rods that act as torsion bars for the boot lid

I don't think that sub will move enough air to make it rattle :P

I used to get something under the car rattling on anything under 30hz though ;)

Thats what i was thinking, its a ported box as well dunno if that will make any difference?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that sub will move enough air to make it rattle :P

I used to get something under the car rattling on anything under 30hz though ;)

Thats what i was thinking, its a ported box as well dunno if that will make any difference?

Answer in my old car, turn it up more..lol ;) till you can afford dynomat

Looks good matey, Hope your pleased with the finished product.... the only vibrations i seem to notice is the number plate :lol: but thats only noticeable when you are standing outside, but you learn to live with it. good stuff mate and enjoy :D

Pretty pleased with it, the only thing is, the bloomin Battery keeps running down soooooooooooooo low that i cant unlock the thing in the morning, i havent wired up my memory wire to my headunit yet, is this the problem, as sometime when i turn off the car the headunit stays on ??????

Cheers

Pretty pleased with it, the only thing is, the bloomin battery keeps running down soooooooooooooo low that i cant unlock the thing in the morning, i havent wired up my memory wire to my headunit yet, is this the problem, as sometime when i turn off the car the headunit stays on ??????

Cheers

Are you sure you have the 'ignition' cable wired properly?

Seems that your head unit is drawing power from the + all the time ............. not good !

Pretty pleased with it, the only thing is, the bloomin battery keeps running down soooooooooooooo low that i cant unlock the thing in the morning, i havent wired up my memory wire to my headunit yet, is this the problem, as sometime when i turn off the car the headunit stays on ??????

Cheers

Are you sure you have the 'ignition' cable wired properly?

Seems that your head unit is drawing power from the + all the time ............. not good !

yeah i think so ill swap them round and see, need to get it sorted soon, ahmet do u know/have any good converting softare got a load of music in mp4 need to convert to mp3 for a mega disc :D

CHeers

looking good ells, this is my next hurdle.

Going to go for 2 x Rainbow hammer 10" subs and a Genisis Amp to power them.

Well i will when im not bloody doing it for other customers and acutaly get a chance to do it to mine.

Did you adapt that toyota Double din plate yourself, if so how? as i have one and its still in its double din state.

looking good ells, this is my next hurdle.

Going to go for 2 x Rainbow hammer 10" subs and a Genisis Amp to power them.

Well i will when im not bloody doing it for other customers and acutaly get a chance to do it to mine.

Did you adapt that toyota Double din plate yourself, if so how? as i have one and its still in its double din state.

with a hacksaw mate, its a bit scruffy but the surround covers it nicely

ahmet do u know/have any good converting softare got a load of music in mp4 need to convert to mp3 for a mega disc :D

CHeers

No, sorry mate.... don't know any off hand!

I do however know of a good program to sort out all your ID tags though ................. B)