Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Week With My Is250 Se Auto

My IS250 SE was delivered on Wednesday this week on time and as per order. I was like a kid on christmas eve the night before, my partner nearly left me if I mentioned the new car once more time.

The car was delivered by the Swindon dealership, nice guy, with a clip board. we sat in the car and started the script, I just wanted to tell him to go, and leave me to play with it, he suggested me reading the manual....ya right, I am a man, do not do manuals...He seemed to struggle on some elements of the MM, think I couldhave done better on that bit...any way, the hand over was a 9/10. he suggested us high octane petrol too, so thats what I am doing using Shell Opitmax...I asked about limiting the revs and speed, he turned to me and said go and "fill my boots"!....no need have fun, was his responce, so I have

Had a meeting in the afternoon, so plugged in the location and off I went.WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, what a car, the engine is so quiet, drive prefect and comfortable. On the M1, had so many people look over and scare at the car, or am I imagining it....

Wednesday night, I gave in and got the manual out, as soooooooo many buttons and features to learn..

Now Saturday and had the car 3 days, and done 700 miles, trip to london, yuck M1 and Friday return home....still l learning the buttons, so many surprise,,,ohhh thats what that does...!

Loves

99.9% of the car......where can I start, it looks great, drives very well, you put your foot down and you have a G Force on your face like the space shuttle. The toys are so great, from the well tooled sat nav to the reserve cam, thou still getting used to the voice activation, might be my accent!. Any one else found that....gave up and pressed disc...

Things I am struggling with

MM is a bit nanny, some features and disabled when driving...okay understand about watching a DVD, but dialling a number..

MP3 disks, has anyone had anu problems with CD's with MP3 music. freezes and refuses to respond, can not eject, and the whole MM freezes for a while.

Bluetooth with Nokia 6330i - how can you scny the whole contact list, only can seem to do one by one...yuck...

Hates

None...what so ever, normally i can find one thing to hate.....

Every time I get in the car I find something else I love...think I am having an affair with my car...

Bigplant

You must be 'aving so much fun (and I'm jealous), you've even signed yourself as "bigplant"...missed the "e" - bet you can't wait to get back to "her"

It can't be bad! Have fun!

hay Bigplanet or a big plant.....I am having fun......shame lexie can not come to bed with me... :P

Glad you like the car - it seems that lots of Nokia phones are unable to transfer whole address books to the car. Most Lexus dealers will have model such as Motorola or such that will. Take your SIM card to them and they should transfer the numbers.

Nice one Bigplanet. I'm a new Lexus owner too, love the auto.

The one thing I don't like....and its not a big thing, is the airbag indicator and the clock on the bottom level of the dash. Clock reminds me of my old MR2 clock. Would have been nice to integrate that into the dash better.

Like I said...minor gripe, but the rest of the car is magic.

What colour did you go for ?

Apparently Sony Ericson's work the best...my dealer has offered to help me feed the directory in one go (Sony's allow all to be transferred in one hit).

I managed to get a PDF file from my dealer showing the compatibility charts for most phones across the Lexus brand.

PM me if anyone wants (with your email address).

B)-->

QUOTE(Carlos B @ Feb 4 2006, 10:41 PM)

Nice one Bigplanet. I'm a new Lexus owner too, love the auto.

The one thing I don't like....and its not a big thing, is the airbag indicator and the clock on the bottom level of the dash. Clock reminds me of my old MR2 clock. Would have been nice to integrate that into the dash better.

Like I said...minor gripe, but the rest of the car is magic.

What colour did you go for ?

Agree with the airbag sign why there of all places,and clock should have been better designed.

The auto is mad, try it in sports with flappy pads.....wooooow...mad...

went for the cadaoxton slate, not my first choice, but better delivery time...love it thou, cream leather....nice....

andy

Apparently Sony Ericson's work the best...my dealer has offered to help me feed the directory in one go (Sony's allow all to be transferred in one hit).

I managed to get a PDF file from my dealer showing the compatibility charts for most phones across the Lexus brand.

PM me if anyone wants (with your email address).

cheers email is bigplanet67@hotmail.com

My partners phone is a motorola might try that...or ask my friendly Lexus dealer to do it....

My partners phone is a motorola might try that...or ask my friendly Lexus dealer to do it....

I've got a Motorola V3 RAZA. It hooks up nicely with the Bluetooth connection but unfortunately you have to transfer your phonebook one contact at a time.

I've got a Motorola V3 RAZA. It hooks up nicely with the Bluetooth connection but unfortunately you have to transfer your phonebook one contact at a time.

Here at Lexus Nottingham we use an old Sony Ericsson T610 and that allows you to transfer all sim contacts in about 2 minutes, Do be aware of some phones that do not work, however software is constantly being updated on handsets, so best to check before you buy your phone!!

Mat, Lexus Nottingham

have done 2780 miles on mine over 4 months. Still love it and keep it as brand as new. Just love to press the accelerator down on a quiet stretch of road (now to upgrade to prolex HIDs...heh hehe)

I'm trying darn hard to rid the DVD nanny changer. (have seen so many keved up cars - SUVs, BMWs, VWs with internal DVDs playing whilst driving or watching the news....on the north circular road already)

Someone pls tell us an alternative without resorting to splicing wires or chipping it.

SE phones work the best unfortunately with the Lexi250