Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slipping Crowns And Delivery Dates Etc.....

Having posted in various other threads over the last few weeks, I thought I would update the forum.

I complained of less than super service from the dealer and Lexus GB. Concerns over the "rattling reports" were made to dealer and GB Lexus - 3 emails to GB - no response. Snail mail to customer services director @ Lexus GB resulted in a non commital reply from a junior employee. I eventually drove 40+ miles to the dealer to ascertain why I had received no reply to my snail mail letter after almost 2 weeks. They "explained" that the letter had gone ignored due to "internal mail sorting system".

After much noise (polite but firm) I was assured that I would not be dissapointed with my chosen vehicle.

Having STILL not received an answer to the other 3 items of concern, I emailed the salesman again, and received a vague reply. Within this reply was a mention that my car delivery date was still un-available, and was on "back-order" now showing possible delivery of May 2006 :excl: Considering that the order and deposit was placed in December, and delivery was scheduled for March 1st....I was none too happy with this latest info :duh:

I wonder when all the people who have received their cars over the last few weeks ordered theirs??

I emailed again last Friday, suggesting that maybe an alternative colour choice /spec would result in a March delivery - or ...if that was not feasible, and May 2006 was still the likely date, could I change my original colour choice? ( I kinda fancy that st lucia pearl now :D )

An e-mailed reply on Saturday said no information on either of those questions was available until Monday, but he would email me on Monday with answers. I thanked him for his response, and said I would look forward to hearing from him on Monday.

As I sit here now at 5.30pm - no such emailhas been received.

My initial enthusiasm and excitement is diminishing daily :huh:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't it pathetic...I do feel it for you mate!

I dread to say this, but Sytner BMW have an elctronic system that actually works out of hours...(i.e. 24/7) which allows them to see your car and at what status...

So Toyota, largest car company, get a grip!

You should seriously tell them to (!) off, get your deposit back and seek another dealer. Remember most will deliver anywhere in the UK, unles you have a PEX and all of that...

Far from satisfactory, and I am still waiting to hear mine is delayed (would they dare, especially when I handed my PEX in early...).

PS - my salesmen told me that there was a serious problem getting cars with MM. Without is no problem - it looks as though a higher percentage than anticipated want the MM/MLS! Hence the issues...

PPS - they still haven't paid me for my PEX..my next DD is due on Friday...and I haven't got the car or the money! SH!!T!

I dont just want to keep complaining on the forum, but I strongly agree with the above email. I had various problems with the new car but Lexus GB and Customer relations never got back to me after leaving many messages. This incident was strange:

I phoned Lexus GB with the rattle complaint, nobody got back to me after one week. I then left the matter with the dealer and complained that noone from Lexus GB returned my call. After 3 weeks, Dec 28th, I received a call from Lexus GB saying that the person left a note to her colleague to call me on 12th Dec(one week after I spoke with them), but he forgot!!!!! Since then I have called Lexus GB only from the dealer (This way u get to speak to the right person!!)

It would be interesting to know how dealer commission works...

I know for a fact that November/Dec and May/Jun are like graveyards...the dealers do not hit targets then. If they get commission/hit target etc when the car leaves the showroom, then if they're having a good high season, I could see why it's in their interest to push sales back from mere mortals like me and you into low season....

I like conspiracy theories...

In the meantime keep your chin up...

:msn-cry:

Had considered "necking" the whole deal - but felt that taking a more reasonable and calm approach

( most out of character for me :excl: ) was worth a go ?

Got quite a few other "hassles" at the moment, so trying to avoid a blood vessel bursting scenario :D

Also....I really want the car :D :D - especially after all the good reports I keep reading on here.

I will see what tomorrow brings.....

The longer I live - the more I think that I am the only one who ever actually abides by his word, and recognizes what a handshake was really meant to mean. I will go and take my medication now :duh:

Eunos and all the others who are waiting for their cars I really do feel for you. As the owner of a new IS I too was messed around by my dealer when it came to ordering my car. I placed an order and deposit with the dealer on the basis that the car was in the country and could be here in a week. The very next day the dealer rings because there is a "mix up" and my car is actually on a boat on its way to Blighty! Arrrrrghhhh.

If it any consolation all this was forgotton as I drove up to the dealer and saw my new baby bathed in a soft white light in a handover bay :wub:

Guys, I can only guess that Lexus has been overwhelmed with orders and that when you get your cars all this angst will be a distant memory.

Well apparently Lexus do check this site out on a regular basis.

If it was me personally i would want my deposit back tell them to stick it up their arse if i was being messed about as you guys.

Jamboo, taking your car in for px already and not paying you is heinous. I wouldnt stand for any of it.

When i had s*** service of lexus, no telephone replies or just not being helpful (before i bought one) and they contacted me after a strong call to their manager I told him what i thought and said it was too late.

Euno800 there is no loyality in this world anymore. Sad.

I,too,nearly backed-out when I was promised delivery in the 1st.wk of DEC. & finally received my Supercar 3 days before Xmas! My dealer, Lexus Coventry, gave me a second year of free servicing as I had already

negotiated year one free.My Dealer was embarrassed through-out & was told by GB that the delay was due to no carpet mats @ the Importers! Suggest,as in previous posts,GB totally miscalculated demand & the Factory was caught with the rattle issue.Honesty & Transparency should be a Lexus strength but it clearly is

missing @ the moment.The wait IS worth it but I will never by a Launch Model again because our Dealers are clearly not in control!

Tel :blush:

Quick update...Dealer did reply by email at 5.48 pm tonight - apologies to him :blush:

Not great news though....apparantely ALL 250 SEL auto MMs are now on "back-order" - which I take to mean a confirmation of what was hinted at earlier -

I'm gonna' have to wait until May. :duh:

Still I guess the upside (see how positive I am trying to be :winky:) they should have sorted the rattle problem out by then !!

I know for a fact that November/Dec and May/Jun are like graveyards...the dealers do not hit targets then. If they get commission/hit target etc when the car leaves the showroom, then if they're having a good high season, I could see why it's in their interest to push sales back from mere mortals like me and you into low season....

I worked in the retail motor trade for 18 years, however it was not a luxury brand but the leading manufacturer in Britain.

The incentive campaigns varied but nearly always were based on sales objectives. Each dealer had an annual sales objective, then split into monthly objectives based on the % each month represented of the annual figure. So July's objective would be nowhere near a twelfth of the total.

Incentives were based on registrations dates, so the end of a month would be quite busy. I think thats why they brought in road tax of a year and a week. The dealer paid the weeks fee and the customer still got a full years licence if he took it the 1st of the month.

I worked in the retail motor trade for 18 years, however it was not a luxury brand but the leading manufacturer in Britain.

The incentive campaigns varied but nearly always were based on sales objectives. Each dealer had an annual sales objective, then split into monthly objectives based on the % each month represented of the annual figure. So July's objective would be nowhere near a twelfth of the total.

Incentives were based on registrations dates, so the end of a month would be quite busy. I think thats why they brought in road tax of a year and a week. The dealer paid the weeks fee and the customer still got a full years licence if he took it the 1st of the month.

Yes Very poor response I have rattles in both doors,and from time to time the dash and front speaker as well. Wrote to Lexus GB No response at all. Even HOnest John on his forum has listed rattles and what is bad withthe new IS 250 Are Lexus just not listening! Ignore you custmomers at your peril

Alan

Guys. I have to say I am shocked reading all these issues with Lexus GB. I live in Ireland and have to say I couldn't fault the treatment I have received from Lexus. My Father has owned 3 lexus over the last 8 years or so and he has been treated like royalty since day 1. Any issues are sorted in days when possible. Actually it is usually our timetables that have caused any delays.

Maybe you should contact a couple of Irish dealers to find out delivery times. It actually might work out cheaper as well.

Ordered my IS250 company car via our leasing company in December. It apparently won't arrive until April and they don't even have a build date yet...

I thought the advantage of a simple model range was that you didn't have to wait ages for a car!!!

I'm not sure I buy the argument that they're selling loads. I work in the West End of London and we get to see new models on the road pretty quickly and I've only seen one here.

Not happy..... The 217 BHP Audi I *didn't* order is taking on a more attractive shape in my mind!

:angry:

Guys. I have to say I am shocked reading all these issues with Lexus GB. I live in Ireland and have to say I couldn't fault the treatment I have received from Lexus. My Father has owned 3 lexus over the last 8 years or so and he has been treated like royalty since day 1. Any issues are sorted in days when possible. Actually it is usually our timetables that have caused any delays.

Maybe you should contact a couple of Irish dealers to find out delivery times. It actually might work out cheaper as well.

The problem with sourcing from "abroad" is that of continuous service - even though the purchase price may be less, I want to know I have a "local" ( even tho' it's 40+ miles from home ) dealer who will sort out any problems. I could have bought the same spec car through "drive the deal" and saved approx £1000 - but for the reasons above decided to buy from "local" dealer.

"Drive the deal" would not reveal the supplier location until I placed a firm order...all they would say is that the dealer was "approx 100+miles away from my home location" :excl:

I reckoned that the advantages above would outweigh the cost difference....and also worried that I may get 2nd class service from the local dealer when it came to after sales care, had I chosen to cancel with him and buy from "The Net".

So far the only visible difference in service has been "free" coffee and bikkies at the dealer ( expensive too at £1000 ) :blink:

Dealer rung this afternoon and claims he has checked "all over the place" and no cars that match my spec are available sooner than "back-ordered" ...due now May 2006.

:tomato: Will there be yet more slippage of both delivery date and crown ??? :tomato:

I have a provisional delivery date of may 2nd for my 220D SE with MM ordered in Jan. Dealer said problem was getting MM option. Also said 'mesa red' didn't help in getting an earlier delivery and would i change colours or spec. I think I'll just wait it out....

Any Lexus dealership is only as good as its staff.

I have long been a staunch defender of my local Lexus dealer and the cars in general. Needless to say the dealership has changed hands, most of the sales and service staff are new and as a result, the whole Lexus experience has taken a slide.

Whoever said there's no loyalty any more was spot on.

Really sorry to hear you guys are having delivery and quality issues that are'nt being resolved. It would appear from the experiences cited that some Lexus dealer standards are slipping.

On the quality issue, I had a serious rattle coming from the dash around the top mounted speaker area. It went in earlier this week to get sorted and can happily report that the rattle has finally been cured (speaker cable vibration), hopefully permantly. My dealer has been very good. They have been very busy selling IS250's evident by the near bumber to bumper collection of displayed part exchanged IS200's, yet they have always answered my calls and been very attentive. Maybe I am lucky! By the way, Lexus have reported the rattles to HQ with new cars promised to be rattle free.

On the delivery front, those who are waiting for their orders, Eunos, Jamboo etc I do sympathise, since it must be frustrating not having a firm delivery date, but when you do get the car it will be worth the wait. This car is fantastic.

When I ordered mine in early Dec I was told delivery for the SEL with MM was typically 3/4 months which suited me, since at the time my PCP ended in March. However I got a call several days later when my exact spec was accommodated in a car available within under 3 weeks, with Lexus sorting out early settlement on my then currrent PCP.

I believe you need to keep in close contact with your dealers. Be firm but polite. Lexus have underestimated the demand for cars with MM option. At least your cars should be rattle free, and you may get a few extras thrown in for you patience.

Good luck guys.

I am extremely angry! I haven't felt like this since I bought a VX Astra Starmist new in 1990, and suffered the worst experience imaginable then...since then I have never boight another Vauxhall, I even tell National/Alamo not to deliver VX's!

I have been very polite so far. Now I do not trust the dealer one iota. I have been lied to several times.

Inspite of a promise last Thursday of the cheque in post for my £6g and the finance compant settlement (just shy of £3g), neither has materialised.

My next £336.20 Direct Debit for my old Audi is due tomorrow....on a car I gave to Lexus Leicester nearly a month ago (14th Jan). I still have no idea when my new car is coming...all I know is that it will be "some time" in March.

I spoke to my Audi Finance company this week and they have told me that I CAN'T CANCEL my DD as I will have been deemed to have defaulted, and a promise from a dealer is not good enough.

This whole saga is unacceptable at the least.

I have left a message for Mr Rhodes (whoever he is) at Lexus Leicester to call me...some senior bloke that Jon Browne (Business Manager) reports to.

I am not going to settle for any promises, either:

1) I get £10,000 back today (i.e. £9000 for the Audi plus my £1000 deposit)

2) My Audi back if they have still got it PLUS £1000 deposit and I go else where

3) £9000 back today (and I will settle the finance with the finance company) AND a guaranteed date for delivery date for my new car (guestimates, or comments like "...we're confident.." or "...we're sure..." will not be trusted on recent experience). this in writing and I pullout if for whatever reason the new car does not turn up...

If they can't do 3) above then it's 1/2), and I go back to John Fox and buy a new Audi, suffer poor customer service, but be happy with it as they will have met my expectation (as I know they're cr4p)...or just run the Audi until 2007 and buy a new New A4!

Worst mistake ever, buying a Lexus, in my view, not because of the car (which is a gem) but the crap dealer! What hope is there of them ever fixing a rattle or me ever trusting them again?!

I am extremely angry! I haven't felt like this since I bought a VX Astra Starmist new in 1990, and suffered the worst experience imaginable then...since then I have never boight another Vauxhall, I even tell National/Alamo not to deliver VX's!

I have been very polite so far. Now I do not trust the dealer one iota. I have been lied to several times.

Insipe of a promise last Thursday of the cheque in post for my £6g and the finance compant settlement (just shy of £3g), neither has materialised.

My next £336.20 finance Direct Debit for my old Audi is due tomorrow....on a car I gave to Lexus Leicester nearly a month ago (14th Jan). I still have no idea when my new car is coming...all I know is that it will be "some time" in March.

I spoke to my Audi Finance company this week and they have told me that I CAN'T CANX my DD as I will have been deemed to have defaulted, and a promise from a dealer is not good enough.

I have left a message for Mr Rhodes (whoever he is) at Lexus Leicester to call me...some senior bloke that Jon Browne reports to.

2) My Audi back if they have still got it PLUS £1000 deposit and I go else where

3) £9000 back today (and I will settle the finance with the finance company) AND a guaranteed date for delivery date for my new car (guestimates, or comments like "...we're confident.." or "...we're sure..." will not be trusted on recent experience). this in writing and I pullout if for whatever reason the new car does not turn up...

If they can't do 2) or 3) above then it's 1), and I go back to John Fox and buy a new Audi, suffer poor customer service, but be happy with it as they will have met my expectation (as I know they're cr4p)!

Worst mistake ever, buying a Lexus, in my view, not because of the car (which is a gem) but the crap dealer! What hope is there of them ever fixing a rattle or me ever trusting them again?!

Jamboo, I really feel for you in the position you're in at the moment. The way they've treated you (as a new to Lexus customer) is just wholly unacceptable, appauling customer service and downright bad business.

Is there any way you can get into the dealership today, go down there and cause a stink. I always find face to face a better way of making sure the sales guy and his manager know how p :tsktsk: 'd off I am. Tell them you're not leaving without 1,2 or 3.

It seems that Lexus have completely screwed up with the demand for the new IS, but that's no excuse for poor service.

The other thing you could maybe do is transfer your order to another Lexus dealer, I don't know who else is nearby in your area. It should be a simple matter of moving the sale from one dealer to another - contact the new dealer first!

I would stick with the Lexus as it really is a lovely car and once you get it you'll be glad you waited and so far (touch wood) I've had not a sniff of a rattle, so yours should be fine.

Get down there and give them a piece of your mind!!

Insipe of a promise last Thursday of the cheque in post for my £6g and the finance compant settlement (just shy of £3g), neither has materialised.

My next £336.20 finance Direct Debit for my old Audi is due tomorrow....on a car I gave to Lexus Leicester nearly a month ago (14th Jan). I still have no idea when my new car is coming...all I know is that it will be "some time" in March.

I spoke to my Audi Finance company this week and they have told me that I CAN'T CANX my DD as I will have been deemed to have defaulted, and a promise from a dealer is not good enough.

I have left a message for Mr Rhodes (whoever he is) at Lexus Leicester to call me...some senior bloke that Jon Browne reports to.

If they can't do 2) or 3) above then it's 1), and I go back to John Fox and buy a new Audi, suffer poor customer service, but be happy with it as they will have met my expectation (as I know they're cr4p)!

Jamboo, I really feel for you in the position you're in at the moment. The way they've treated you (as a new to Lexus customer) is just wholly unacceptable, appauling customer service and downright bad business.

Is there any way you can get into the dealership today, go down there and cause a stink. I always find face to face a better way of making sure the sales guy and his manager know how p :tsktsk: 'd off I am. Tell them you're not leaving without 1,2 or 3.

It seems that Lexus have completely screwed up with the demand for the new IS, but that's no excuse for poor service.

The other thing you could maybe do is transfer your order to another Lexus dealer, I don't know who else is nearby in your area. It should be a simple matter of moving the sale from one dealer to another - contact the new dealer first!

I would stick with the Lexus as it really is a lovely car and once you get it you'll be glad you waited and so far (touch wood) I've had not a sniff of a rattle, so yours should be fine.

Get down there and give them a piece of your mind!!

Scott - cheers mate, once "Mr Rhodes" calls that's exactly what I am going to tell him - we'll be there at 5.45pm today...the wife wanted to go in on her way to work today....that would have been bad!

Isn't it just amazing how much more caring the members on this forum are than the dealers - and we're not even making £thousands off each other or have ever met!

I really have to say that my experience at Lexus Leic was full of hope to start with...and like you say, this quality .v. quantity drop off thing is not acceptable - let's face - they're forecast to sell just a few thousand more cars in the UK with the new IS. That's like 50 more cars throughout each dealership over the year...it's nothing!

This is what I hope Lexus GB are looking at on these "ferorums!"

This is also why I think that the Brand gets so many plaudits. Lots of passionate, great people involved...at the customer level...!

Spoken to Richard Rhodes. He is Centre manager at Lexus Leicester(dunno if that = dealer principal)

Explained the cheques in the post...that I'm still paying for a car I haven't got...etc ZZZZzzzzzzz :yawn:

He "profusely" (I could hear him munching humble pie) apologised.

Is aware of the 3x cherished plate transfer form debacle, I mentioned my offence at having been offered the fuel for that visit (!), but of course he said it was mentioned as a metter of speaking ( :lol: )

He then said it was not often that they could not match bank finance...brought back onto subject by me!

I have asked for the Audi back, as I still legally own it (afterall they never paid me), or 2 cheques - one for me and one for the Audi finance company...he's not sure if he can do that. Still lots of "dunnos" from the dealers...

Will call me back! He knows I'll be there later :zorro: !

PS - mine still will be March for definate - will find out what date!

Incidentally, Eunos800 - I mentioned the disdain of LOC members not having a delivery date - he is sure that when the car is ordered on the system, a projected date is given. Situations like your's are questionable and will only happen if the dealer decides not to place your car on the system when they claim to have dunnit.

This could be because (and I read this from he said) the demand for IS250 (SE/SE-L) auto MM has far exceeded expectation...I think that your dealer was going to wait until early Jan, hoping for a max 12 week delivery and Credit againt January 2006...but too many others were on the system by then, so you'rs got put back.

It could be a dealer c0ck-up? I'd check with them...and tell 'em just how brassed off you are (if you haven't done it already).

So, another call back - man in a van on his way with a cheque. They have also asked me to cancel my DD (gulp :sad: ) as they are sending a CIP recorded delivery to my finance company...

Slightly better news is that ordering systems states my car arrives early March, no guarantees, but 9th March to the dealer....so I could be driving a Lexus 4 weeks plus 2 days from now....

Still unacceptable as whilst the intentions were there, the delivery was not executed (they still had the cheques there), and I'm still not totally happy and all that jazz, but :yahoo:

So, another call back - man in a van on his way with a cheque. They have also asked me to cancel my DD (gulp :sad: ) as they are sending a CIP recorded delivery to my finance company...

Slightly better news is that ordering systems states my car arrives early March, no guarantees, but 9th March to the dealer....so I could be driving a Lexus 4 weeks plus 2 days from now....

Still unacceptable as whilst the intentions were there, the delivery was not executed (they still had the cheques there), and I'm still not totally happy and all that jazz, but :yahoo:

Excellent news!! Not long now :)

Hi matey...both sorrow and Joy heh? Well I will keep fingers crossed that it does arrive March :winky:

My dealer rang this morning, and has offered me a Caspian sky model ( cancelled order apparantly ) :question: Thing is......I could have it March :excl:

All other spec is exactly as my original choice, and I really need to see a caspian Sky in the flesh now :D

Thinks me will be tempted......... :D :D