Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Slipping Crowns And Delivery Dates Etc.....

I had a dream last night (yes actually managed to get some sleep Scott) that I turned up there, and it was bright yellow IS250d (yes 250d), with a yellow leather interior...

Woke up in a cold sweat!

The new Lexus taxi :D

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well guys - have things improved since the starting up of this thread?

RX owners don't think so....

HERE

So how does this really bode? Well, I leave it to you...

PS I can sort of see why - Lex Europe will not be intimidated by people power...and the guys on the RX forum make some salient points which apply to all of us.

Well, to counter the negative news 'bout this topic a litte: my delivery date was respected!

They said back in february that delivery date was end of june. Wednesday, it arrived at the dealer's. Now I need a little more patience for the paperwork (it's a leasing car), so I will probably be picking it up somewhere next week (mon-tue)... Well, to relax my nerves a little, I'll be crashing at the rock werchter (www.rockwerchter.be) festival this weekend, so doesn't bother me!!!

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

So....

5th :tsktsk: phone call to a Lexus dealer (2 dealers so far) regarding the Injector issue. No one has come back.

I have experienced "no call back" so many times now with Lexus over the last 9 months, with more than one Lexus dealer. I have to say that Audi dealers at least calle you 5 out of 10 times. With Lexus it's more like 1 out of 10!

My local dealer never came back to me :yawn: ...having given them the benefit of the doubt several times and over a multitude of differing things, the time has come to give them a wide berth.

They have either learned nothing or are being awkward with me and me alone. That's how I have been made to feel.

So now I have officially decided to never set foot there again, and the convenience factor will play a part in deciding what make of car I go for in the future. Even if Lexus cars are better than anything else, not being able to use a dealer locally is a serious problem!

Called Coventry again - Answer? leave it until it's done 10000 miles and then review.

Apparently, the Lexus Diesel is notriously 'tight' and needs a good number of miles under it's belt. The 5th Injector changeout and Fuel pump change was for a specific problem, where the car stalls after starting.

Scott - I believe your car must be unique in that it had faulty injectors full stop.

Coventry were not aware of any other Injector mod.

So....

5th :tsktsk: phone call to a Lexus dealer (2 dealers so far) regarding the Injector issue. No one has come back.

I have experienced "no call back" so many times now with Lexus over the last 9 months, with more than one Lexus dealer. I have to say that Audi dealers at least calle you 5 out of 10 times. With Lexus it's more like 1 out of 10!

My local dealer never came back to me :yawn: ...having given them the benefit of the doubt several times and over a multitude of differing things, the time has come to give them a wide berth.

They have either learned nothing or are being awkward with me and me alone. That's how I have been made to feel.

So now I have officially decided to never set foot there again, and the convenience factor will play a part in deciding what make of car I go for in the future. Even if Lexus cars are better than anything else, not being able to use a dealer locally is a serious problem!

Called Coventry again - Answer? leave it until it's done 10000 miles and then review.

Apparently, the Lexus Diesel is notriously 'tight' and needs a good number of miles under it's belt. The 5th Injector changeout and Fuel pump change was for a specific problem, where the car stalls after starting.

Scott - I believe your car must be unique in that it had faulty injectors full stop.

I've just spoken to Lexus Poole and I had ALL my injectors swapped out and my case was not unique. The whole issue about the injectors is now with Lexus GB. I can't say any more other than watch this space and keep in contact with your Lexus dealer.

Not all Lexus dealers are equal; some are clearly better than others when it comes to customer satisfaction - well done Lexus Poole ;)

So....

Hi matey....been away a week - sorry to hear your woes continue :duh:

I am STILL awaiting a dealer response to my 3 page complaint to GB, even though Gb think that dealer has responded. In fact I have had NO contact from the dealer at all since picking up my car at "handover"

No courtesy call to se how things are etc...nothin - zippo - ziltch...still they have my money now so why do they care :tsktsk:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links